job interview 10 minute presentation

Options
Model500
Model500 Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi
I have a job interview very soon and have to prepare a 10 minute presentation, without the aid of Powerpoint, to be delivered to a director of business services and a finance manager.

The presentation is to be based on "A key responsibility is the maintenance and the integrity of the organisation accounts. Please outline which tasks need to be considered and set out your experience in these areas".

Should I use a desktop flipchart presentation or give out handout sheets?

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to approach this interview?

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi

Congratulations on the job interview! :thumbup1:

As for good ideas, I'm afraid I don't have any real inspiration, but what I would say is that if you feel confident standing without the aid of a flipchart then handout sheets are a good idea, but I suppose you need to consider that if you are expecting your "audience" to pay full attention to what you are saying, they may not be able to do so if they are reading the handouts.

I think the flipchart presentation would enable you to present all of the information whilst maintaining their attention, it would also give you the opportunity of having a "prop" to make you feel less nervous, and something for your interviewers to be looking at besides you, which again should calm any nerves!

Not sure if this advice is any good, but once again congratulations, and good luck! :thumbup:

Tracy
  • Model500
    Options
    Thanks for your views on this one Tracey. I'm not sure congratulations are in order just yet! I will definitely be celebrating in style though if I get this particular role.

I think I'm going for the desktop flipchart approach. A3 size should suffice I think. The nerves are building up!
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hey, anyone who gets an interview at the moment should be congratulated!!!! Lol!

All the best.
  • troy
    troy Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    When is the interview? I can ask the DFM's for inspirations tomorrow if there is still time?
  • Model500
    Options
    Hi Troy,
    Interview is on Wednesday pm.
    Any help much appreciated!
Privacy Policy