Are banks stupid?

Options
speegs
speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hi Everyone,

I thought I would join in on the rant about our countries fantastic financial institutions and how we should all look up to their superiority in all matters regarding........ my handwriting!!! By the way, I am being sarcastic.

Yesterday I had a letter from HSBC saying that the bank telegraphic transfer I had signed off last week on before of my company had been refused because my signature did not match the one on the bank mandate. When I checked my copy of the mandate and the copy of the tt the only difference was that the dot above the "i" in my surname was very slightly out of line. Oh hang on I am lying and may also have used a blue pen instead of black on the tt but it was faxed to the bank this would have made no difference.

So I am now left with a very angry supplier who thinks I have deliberately held up their payment. I have had to go to branch of HSBC with my passport to proove who I am. This is laughable. I decided to play up a bit in the branch though. I decided I would do my impression of a moody hoodie. I was not rude to them, but I did play moody and a little disgruntled in the hope that this would rile them a bit and sure enough it did and they tried to start quoting the anti-money laundering laws at me. I let them finished and then got my phone out, scrolled through to the NCIS helpline number and offered to dial it for them. They were so shocked to find that they were dealling with someone who actually knew the law surrounding money laundering and also data protection that they shut up and apologised.

Woohoo

Speegs 1 - HSBC nil.

I win.

Ha ha

Speegs :thumbup1:

Comments

• speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    OK I agree. I am a cheeky little sod.

:thumbup: Speegs
  • AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    speegs wrote: ยป
    I decided I would do my impression of a moody hoodie. I was not rude to them, but I did play moody and a little disgruntled in the hope that this would rile them a bit and sure enough it did and they tried to start quoting the anti-money laundering laws at me. I let them finished and then got my phone out, scrolled through to the NCIS helpline number and offered to dial it for them. They were so shocked to find that they were dealling with someone who actually knew the law surrounding money laundering and also data protection that they shut up and apologised.

Haha!:lol:
  • claudialowe
    claudialowe Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I have got a similar one -

HSBC "lost" me as a signatory on my husband's business account - so I asked if they ought to pay him back the value of all the cheques that I had signed :lol: - starting off with 3 years worth of VAT (actually I can't remember the last time that he deigned to sign a cheque himself!!)

A quick sign on a form - and all was magically reinstated!

Claudia
  • mickle
    mickle Registered Posts: 36 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I'd love to have a laugh at this post but unfortunately i work for Barclays and have to act in the same manner as HSBC did.

Oh I can't wait to leave banking behind me!!!
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    HSBC "lost" me as a signatory on my husband's business account

Are you sure it was HSBC?

I reckon your husband took one look at your credit card bill and took you off himself!!

;)
  • claudialowe
    claudialowe Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Ouch - harsh!

And since when have you looking at my credit card :ohmy:

Claudia
Privacy Policy