Thanks for the welcome back guys!
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Welcome back Dean!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    You do actually have to post sometimes though Dean or I for one will be withdrawing my homecoming greeting.

Poodle suffers schizo moments with the person known as Julia Crouch.
  • Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: »
    You do actually have to post sometimes though Dean

I shall do my best. Once a year can't hurt now can it!
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: »
    http://forums.aat.org.uk/group.php?groupid=7

lol

What is a troll?
    In email discussion lists, online forums, and Usenet newsgroups, a troll is not a grumpy monster that lives beneath a bridge accosting passers-by, but rather a provocative posting intended to produce a large volume of frivolous responses. The term can also refer to someone making such a posting ("a troll") or to the action ("trolling", "to troll").

The content of a troll posting generally falls into one of several categories. It may consist of an apparently foolish contradiction of common knowledge, a deliberately offensive insult to the readers of a newsgroup or mailing list, or a broad request for trivial follow-up postings. The result of such postings is frequently a flood of angry responses. In some cases, the follow-up messages posted in response to a troll can constitute a large fraction of the contents of a newsgroup or mailing list for as long as several weeks. These messages are transmitted around the world to thousands of computers, wasting network resources and costing money for people who pay to download email or receive Usenet news. Troll threads also frustrate people who are trying to carry on substantive discussions.

People post such messages to get attention, to disrupt discussion, and to make trouble. The best response to a troll is no response. If you post a follow-up message, you are contributing to the resulting clamor and most likely delighting the troller. Before posting a response, consider the following questions:

Bloody Hell Vic that was a long explanation! Why did you not just say IDIOTS that woudave covered it! :lol
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: »
    http://forums.aat.org.uk/group.php?groupid=7

lol

What is a troll?
    In email discussion lists, online forums, and Usenet newsgroups, a troll is not a grumpy monster that lives beneath a bridge accosting passers-by, but rather a provocative posting intended to produce a large volume of frivolous responses. The term can also refer to someone making such a posting ("a troll") or to the action ("trolling", "to troll").

The content of a troll posting generally falls into one of several categories. It may consist of an apparently foolish contradiction of common knowledge, a deliberately offensive insult to the readers of a newsgroup or mailing list, or a broad request for trivial follow-up postings. The result of such postings is frequently a flood of angry responses. In some cases, the follow-up messages posted in response to a troll can constitute a large fraction of the contents of a newsgroup or mailing list for as long as several weeks. These messages are transmitted around the world to thousands of computers, wasting network resources and costing money for people who pay to download email or receive Usenet news. Troll threads also frustrate people who are trying to carry on substantive discussions.

People post such messages to get attention, to disrupt discussion, and to make trouble. The best response to a troll is no response. If you post a follow-up message, you are contributing to the resulting clamor and most likely delighting the troller. Before posting a response, consider the following questions:

Bloody Hell Vic that was a big explanation why did you not just say IDIOTS! lol
    I am already in your FAT Group
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Essentially, a troll is someone who will go onto a discussion board and write deliberately inflammatory comments with the sole aim to provoke heated responses from almost everyone else. Usually it's just mischief making for the sake of it but occasionally it can be darker and quite inciteful.

Some mistake a troll for someone who simply goes against the general grain of a thread but as long as that person can back-up what they're saying with good, well written points, it's often 'acceptable' if rather unpalatable to the others.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    jewels.p wrote: »
    Bloody Hell Vic that was a big explanation why did you not just say IDIOTS! lol
    I am already in your FAT Group

gotta love copy and paste lol
  • Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Enough about trolls already! Don't you have some bank statements to tick! Talking of ticks... Have you heard about the auditors rash?

Auditor goes to the docotor and says "Doctor, everytime I go out on audit I come up in this awful rash, what could it be" The doctor looks up and says "ticks".

I'll get my coat....
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    *groan* :lol:

Nice to see you back Dean, hope all is well with you :-)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    God, has it been 12 months already. I remember you posting this thread like it was last month.
Privacy Policy