Portfolio HELP

petriva
petriva Registered Posts: 7 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Hi,
just don't know how to start creating my portfolio. I am not working in accounts, so what evidence should I put in?

Comments

• columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi Petriva

Welcome to our humble forums!

I included a lot of things from my lessons in my portfolio, so for example if my tutor set a task and I could reference it to my portfolio then I would enter it however small and insignificant it might have seemed at the time.

Do you have access to an accounting package such as Sage?, Although I worked and was able to use documents from work, I also printed out invoices, credit notes, and financial documents from the demo data held in Sage. If you don't have Sage ask at college if they have a licenced copy that you can download data from, you will be able to fill your portfolio with a whole multitude of items and in doing so will increase your own knowledge and understanding of accounting packages (forgive me if you are already proficient in packages such as Sage, I don't wish to sound condecending!).

Hope this is of some help, good luck with the studies, and remember the portolio isn't as daunting as it first seems, quite often one document can be cross referenced in numerous places.

Tracy
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi,
    just don't know how to start creating my portfolio. I am not working in accounts, so what evidence should I put in?
    I got told not really to bother with putting in work documents just cross reference everything to skilss tests.
  • petriva
    petriva Registered Posts: 7 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Thanks Tracy,

I really appreciate your advice. Will start uploading documents from sage. I have done tax return for my husband who is self-employed. I think I could use those evidence in my portfolio as well.??
  • columbia
    Hi Petriva

Put in as much as you can! The more documents you include from a work based source the more you can prove that you have an understanding of the subject.

All the best
    Tracy
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    We have been told at college that we can cross reference everything to our simulations except health and safety. Not being in a work environment I haven't got a clue what to put in for any of that. Ony thing I have so far is an e-mail to my husband (and his reply) about some dodgy carpet that could be tripped over and a flashing fluorescent tube!

Am getting a bit worried about it now as time is passing quickly and June will be here before we know it.
  • columbia
    Hiya

I did a health & safety course at my local college which gave a certificate for completion. I included all of this in my portfolio, along with pictures of unsafe areas in my workplace (such as wires and coffee cups near the pc etc),then I wrote how to improve upon these problems, and provided photographs of the area after the improvements had been implemented.

I found that I actually ended up with loads on this subject.
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Thanks, perhaps I need to look into another course then! I have recently done first aid because I am a childminder. Shame that didn't cover health and safety.

Did you enjoy your takeaway?
  • columbia
    Takeaway was great thanks! I'm also full of chocolate!
Privacy Policy