jobless

mark130273
mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
hiya all, just found out I am losing my job in the next 2 weeks.........

does anyone know of anyone in the Merseyside area who would like a very good worker !!

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Sorry to hear it Mark.
    Can't help you, but best of luck finding something else.
  • mahdi87
    mahdi87 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    hi mark
    sorry to hear that but u just got not so long ago
    wats wrong wiv this ppl cnt they give u chance??
    good luck
  • mark130273
    thanks for your support . guess they cant.....

just hope something comes up !
  • princess246
    princess246 Registered Posts: 49 Regular contributor ⭐
    I'm sorry to hear about that Mark, are you qualified now?

Could you look further a field like Manchester?
  • axl2derv
    axl2derv Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    You will be very lucky to find work soon. The CIMA / ACCA students are dropping their expectations and taking the jobs that you would usually go for. I find myself in the same situation as I was made redundant 4 weeks ago.
  • mark130273
    gee thanks for that axl2derv !!

give me loads of hopes there ?
  • axl2derv
    Just been honest.
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    axl2derv wrote: »
    You will be very lucky to find work soon. The CIMA / ACCA students are dropping their expectations and taking the jobs that you would usually go for. I find myself in the same situation as I was made redundant 4 weeks ago.

Some companies might think these people are over qualified.
  • jay cutler
    jay cutler Registered Posts: 57 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hey Mark

Sorry to hear your losing your job. If it makes you feel any better I've temped for 6 years now over 9 temp job. I cannot believe the arrogance permanent staff - especially seniors like qualified accountants - show when they talk over people like me because they know I'm struggling to find work and they know it. You'll find something. i hope you get something permanent then you too can poke fun at me! Best of luck.
  • axl2derv
    Some companies might think these people are over qualified.

I believed this at one point. Then an agency I am registered with told me the oppersite. The only time this situation applies is in the lower paid jobs ie. Purchase Ledger.
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Sorry to hear that.

Are you full AAT now?

Perhaps self employment is worth a thought?
  • mark130273
    Sonny_L wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that.

Are you full AAT now?

Perhaps self employment is worth a thought?

nearly............just 2 exams in june to do ???

agree that would you employ a ACCA qualified person to do a AAT job and only pay them a AAT wage ?

you must ask yourself if you were in a business ? would they stay if another job offer came with the responibilities of a ACCA ?

think NOT ?
  • axl2derv
    All I can say is good luck in finding a job then.
  • Gianni
    Gianni Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
    Good luck Mark.

I'm in the Merseyside area, not sure on your experience level but if you box AAT off in June there seems a fair few jobs at this level about. I have to admit though I do notice a lot of job descriptions asking for chartered qualified accountants for AAT type jobs at sub £30k level.

I'd register with Hays, Marshall Moore, RK Accountancy & Page personnel if I was you. I've had particular success with Marshall Moore.
  • mark130273
    Gianni wrote: »
    Good luck Mark.

I'm in the Merseyside area, not sure on your experience level but if you box AAT off in June there seems a fair few jobs at this level about. I have to admit though I do notice a lot of job descriptions asking for chartered qualified accountants for AAT type jobs at sub £30k level.

I'd register with Hays, Marshall Moore, RK Accountancy & Page personnel if I was you. I've had particular success with Marshall Moore.

cheers for that? dont think i can wait till june thou ?

been to rk yesterday and going to hays and marshall moore on friday !!!

so got 2 weeks to sort something out ?

hey have you got any positions ?no harm in asking ?:001_tongue:
  • angela27
    angela27 Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi Mark i am in the same position as you hun i was let go from my job 3 weeks ago i had an interview on tues have one today and one on mon so hoping something comes of one of those, i am probably going to have to take a 3-4k paycut as well, registered with an agency the other day who says shes had 70 applicants for one job and that fully qualified accountants are taking less pay so its having a knock on effect Good luck mate apply for everything x
  • Hay’s are really the worst recruiter to go with. They are nasty people when you don’t do what they want. I was offered a 6 week temporary role doing bottom of the barrel work (so to speak). I was unemployed and turned it down because the job centre advised me not to take any temporary positions that where less than 2 months due to the hassle of having to sign on again so soon.

When I turned it down, they got really nasty with me and told me that if I didn’t accept the job then they would not consider me for any other positions ever again. It’s no skin off their noses as they have millions of candidates over the UK. They are so big that they have forgotten manners and keeping their workers sweet. I have noticed that the smaller recruitment firms tend to bend over backwards for you as they want to keep you sweet for the business.
  • Gianni
    mark130273 wrote: »
    cheers for that? dont think i can wait till june thou ?

been to rk yesterday and going to hays and marshall moore on friday !!!

so got 2 weeks to sort something out ?

hey have you got any positions ?no harm in asking ?:001_tongue:

I had RK on today telling me that had some excellent AAT studiers at the moment, perhaps he meant you! There is a possibility a position will be open within a month but no guarantees. I'll give you a shout if anything materialises.
  • mark130273
    I had RK on today telling me that had some excellent AAT studiers at the moment, perhaps he meant you! There is a possibility a position will be open within a month but no guarantees. I'll give you a shout if anything materialises.

hey if it was from andrew....then it must of been !!

and guess what guys ??

he actually send of an email to my old employers trying to sell me ??:thumbup:
  • Gianni
    mark130273 wrote: »
    hey if it was from andrew....then it must of been !!

and guess what guys ??

he actually send of an email to my old employers trying to sell me ??:thumbup:

It was Andrew. He seemed a decent fella as far as recruitment consultants go, makes a change!
  • mark130273
    It was Andrew. He seemed a decent fella as far as recruitment consultants go, makes a change!

a consultant good ????:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
  • You have to remember that consultants are sales people. They would sell their own grandma if it meant sealing the deal. They all do seem nice (except Hays) but they have to keep you sweet because you are making them money. You will find that they promise you the earth to get you to sign up but then they never contact you after that (at our level) unless they have some bottom of the barrel jobs like data entry.
  • mark130273
    Don Juan wrote: »
    You have to remember that consultants are sales people. They would sell their own grandma if it meant sealing the deal. They all do seem nice (except Hays) but they have to keep you sweet because you are making them money. You will find that they promise you the earth to get you to sign up but then they never contact you after that (at our level) unless they have some bottom of the barrel jobs like data entry.

wow that seems so familiar !!
  • mark130273 wrote: »
    wow that seems so familiar !!

Indeed.
Privacy Policy