Just been made redundant

columbia
columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
:crying:

What can I do? I have 3 children and I have managed to work around them for the past 13 years.

Been at this job just short of 2 years and I have 2 months notice from 12 today.

I'm a bit panicky, I think I will try self-employment to fit around the children as although I have found some jobs out there they are not local enough for me to get there for 9am without the added cost of childcare.

Sorry to moan, I know you guys have your own problems, I just needed to get it off my chest.

Hope you are having a better day than me!

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ

What can I do? I have 3 children and I have managed to work around them for the past 13 years.

Been at this job just short of 2 years and I have 2 months notice from 12 today.

I'm a bit panicky, I think I will try self-employment to fit around the children as although I have found some jobs out there they are not local enough for me to get there for 9am without the added cost of childcare.

Sorry to moan, I know you guys have your own problems, I just needed to get it off my chest.

Aww so sorry to hear about your job.
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ

Sorry to hear that, may I wish you all the luck in either getting back to work or setting up on your own or even doing both, part time at work and part time at home.
    Whichever it is, all the best
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Really sorry to hear about the job, good luck and fingers crossed for you
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Really sorry to hear that. It must be very worrying. How did you get that job? An agency? Perhaps try them to see what's about, but self employed from home sounds great in working round 3 kids. As long as you don't try that during school hols! Bad enough studying wasn't it?!
  • columbia
    Cheers guys

Got a few things to think about, couple of possible alternatives to consider.

Jan I did originally get the job through an agency - but thats shut down now..... Tells you something when a job agency has no jobs!!

Thanks guys

Tracy
  • SeanyBoy
    SeanyBoy Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜

hey just know that your not the only one out there.. i feel your pain as i too got the news yesterday that i am to leave my job in 2 months time.. and i too have been in the job just under 2 years.
    although i dont have any children i do however have mortgage bills to keep up with so am too worried about the coming months..
    keep your head high and dont let it bring your morale down, just get yourself out there and show them what your made of... im sure all will work out for you!

Good Luck!
  • columbia
    Cheers Seanyboy

All the best to you to. I have applied for a few positions, and got my CV posted on some websites, I've also been round all the local employment agencies so can't be accused of not trying!

Hope it all works out for you.

Tracy
  • SeanyBoy
    Cheers Seanyboy

All the best to you to. I have applied for a few positions, and got my CV posted on some websites, I've also been round all the local employment agencies so can't be accused of not trying!

Hope it all works out for you.

Tracy

im sure it will... to be honest i think it will give me a push to get myself into a large chartered firm... i think then perhaps i may be able to learn the nitty gritty of this job rather than just admin!
  • columbia
    Yeah, I must admit in respects I feel similar as I would like to get a job in a bigger company so maybe (fingers crossed) this is a blessing in disguise for both of us!
  • SeanyBoy
    Yeah, I must admit in respects I feel similar as I would like to get a job in a bigger company so maybe (fingers crossed) this is a blessing in disguise for both of us!

:thumbup: ive got my fingers crossed for you.. let me know how you get on
  • columbia
    Cheers, same goes back to you!!! :thumbup:
  • Ponder
    Ponder Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor โญ
    Sorry to hear that columbia

Thats a very good attitude to have ..
    Good luck with your search and all the best in your endeavours.
  • columbia
    Cheers Ponder

Very much appreciated :thumbup1:
  • churchy32
    churchy32 Registered Posts: 5 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Columbia & SeanyBoy, sorry to hear your bad news. Hoping something good will come out of it!! Fingers crossed for both of you.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    hey just know that your not the only one out there.. i feel your pain as i too got the news yesterday that i am to leave my job in 2 months time.. and i too have been in the job just under 2 years.
    although i dont have any children i do however have mortgage bills to keep up with so am too worried about the coming months..
    keep your head high and dont let it bring your morale down, just get yourself out there and show them what your made of... im sure all will work out for you!

Good Luck!

well theres is a lot more too..........i found out on monday....
  • columbia
    So sorry Mark

Didn't you only recently get that job, or am I thinking of someone else????

How much longer you got to work??

OOOPs, just seen your post "jobless". So I now know the answers to my questions!

All the very best Mark, I really hope you are able to find something else - and soon.
Privacy Policy