Weird phone calls

farmergiles
farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Does anyone else get weird phone calls?

Talktalk have just rung me and told me that I can ignore the call?????

When I queried what he was on about, the very polite Indian gentleman told me again that I could ignore the call, they were calling about my account but ,because I had updated it, I could ignore the call.:confused1:
Why the hell don't these people check their records before making phonecalls that make them look total arses. I'm sure that credit controllers in this country check their records Before ringing people up.

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    The best is when people ring me and say o your in then - (doh well yeah or i wouldn't of answered
  • SeanyBoy
    SeanyBoy Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    a mate called me and asked if i had any spare hangers... i said yes thinking he wanted to borrow some???

so he said hang this up then.. and hung up!!
  • jilbo
    jilbo Registered Posts: 197 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Why the hell don't these people check their records before making phonecalls that make them look total arses.

My my farmer, don't think Ive noticed you get outraged before :ohmy:

Where's the happy farmer I know? Totally agree with you though :laugh:
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    jilbo wrote: »
    My my farmer, don't think Ive noticed you get outraged before :ohmy:

Where's the happy farmer I know? Totally agree with you though :laugh:

I'm normally happy-go-lucky but it gets my goat when you get rampant un-professionalism. The silent phonecalls are just as bad...damned computer dialing!!!!!!!
  • A-Vic
    I'm normally happy-go-lucky but it gets my goat when you get rampant un-professionalism. The silent phonecalls are just as bad...damned computer dialing!!!!!!!

O we must get around 4 of them a day it so bloody annoying
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I just had one of those annoying 'do you want to upgrade your mobile?' calls. First, the guy says he's from Orange - he wasn't, and then he says that from next Wednesday all subsidies on mobiles will end so you'll have to pay full price for a new phone if you don't get one before then. Bloody people.

Silent phone calls are a pain. I once got a call, from my bank if I remember right, and got put on hold. They call you and put you on hold? Incredible.
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    The worst has to be when someone sends a fax to Oxford, but forgets to press 9 before dialing the number. As my extension is the same as the dialing code for Oxford, the fax gets sent to my phone!

"Hello, Matthew X, International payments, how can I help you"…

"screech..screech…screech…"

And as the dozy **** who sent it has hit the automatic redial thingy, I get the same fax sent to my phone EVERY five minutes….for 3/4 hours!! IT says they can't cancel it either.. :mad2:

Everyone else in the office find it hilarious :glare:
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    The worst has to be when someone sends a fax to Oxford, but forgets to press 9 before dialing the number. As my extension is the same as the dialing code for Oxford, the fax gets sent to my phone!

"Hello, Matthew X, International payments, how can I help you"…

"screech..screech…screech…"

And as the dozy **** who sent it has hit the automatic redial thingy, I get the same fax sent to my phone EVERY five minutes….for 3/4 hours!! IT says they can't cancel it either.. :mad2:

Everyone else in the office find it hilarious :glare:

SIMPLE.........send round the gang:lol::lol:
  • groundy
    groundy Registered Posts: 495 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    We get calls all the time about Elec, Gas, Mobiles. The other day my business partner was on the phone for 10 minutes to an Indian call centre about our Electricity. When asked he told her we use Donald Duck electricity and she never queried it at all.:laugh:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    groundy wrote: »
    We get calls all the time about Elec, Gas, Mobiles. The other day my business partner was on the phone for 10 minutes to an Indian call centre about our Electricity. When asked he told her we use Donald Duck electricity and she never queried it at all.:laugh:

well that is just quackers !!!:tongue_smilie:
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I've had the same phone number try to send a fax to my direct line every day for the last year, and when it doesn't work they try with a different number!
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    i hate it when they phone you...and then ask for your name and details??!!
    i just hang up on them

lol
    :001_tt2:
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    As soon as there is a hesitation when I answer the phone I hang up as it's always someone trying to sell something from a call centre. However quite often my father in law doesn't speak up fast enough and consequently I hang up on him!!
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    one silly thing i did once......i was in my house in bristol and someone knocked on my door,,i couldnt be bothered to get up and answer so they went away...i then remembered my sister from newport was comin over so i rang her home phone and when she answered i asked if she just knocked on my door!!!! lol she said yes with her mr tickle arms!!!
    DOH!!!

:lol::lol:
  • A-Vic
    I think the worst one we get is hello is that mrs (my boss) all i say is your through to an office number and the fact shes been dead 4 years doesn't help then hang up
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    A-Vic wrote: »
    I think the worst one we get is hello is that mrs (my boss) all i say is your through to an office number and the fact shes been dead 4 years doesn't help then hang up

a-vic that is cruel !

but f**king funny thou?
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    A-Vic wrote: »

I used to work for a call centre - for two weeks - selling those commemorative WWII coins to existing customers. The majority of the customers were OAPs. On 5/6 occassions, I rang up for a Mr/Mrs X or whatever, and their partners would answer saying that’s they've been dead 6 months…..I've never felt so small in my life :blushing: ….and obviously quit after two weeks
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
    I don't get many calls through now at home, but I once had a firm offer me a "great deal" on a new pvcu door. Since this is my other halfs line of work I knew it was twice as much as it should have been, but strung them along for a while saying I was interested. I couldn't keep it up though as felt guilty for the poor sales person on the other end.
    We're now registered with Telephone Preference thingy, so if I get any calls I usually frightened them to death by saying right, I want your full name and company name and address and I'm going to report you...
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    The current favourite (thanks to my other half for this one) is to say to the odd caller
    "Can I ask you one question?"
    "Sure"
    "What's sexy and hangs up?"
    [Hang up the phone]

Many a comedy moment :lol:
Privacy Policy