Help with Sage reports

Options
JodieR
JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
I've got a new client who's using sage (which I'm not very familiar with). He raises all of his own invoices and then periodically prints off an invoice list to send to the factoring company. The problem is that not all of the invoices need to be factored (as some pay upfront by credit card) so at the moment he relies on the factoring company to reject the invoices which they aren't taking on. This has caused a few problems, so I was wondering whether he can allocate maybe a department code or something to invoices which are to be factored, and then run a report with a filter on it so that only the invoices to be factored show up?
Any help greatly appreciated!
Jodie

Comments

• sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    The way I deal with is to have customer accounts and then an AA account which I put all the cash/credit card transactions on.

When you run your day book, if you apply a search that excludes the AA account that gives you everything the factoring company want to know.

I hope that helps, if not give me a shout.
  • JodieR
    Options
    Thanks, but I don't think that's ideal for this situation as some customers will somtimes pay by credit card and sometimes on invoice, so I'd rather we could keep all their invoices on their customer record.
    There must be a way - I hope the client's paid for the helpline so I can ask them!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I've never used the Department function on Sage but I am sure if you use it and flag each invoice as either Dept 0 (factored) or Dept 1 (paid upfront) then you can run a report based on this. Have a hunt in the options. Alternatively I hear the sage forum can be helpful too. Good luck.
  • PaulPSB
    PaulPSB Registered Posts: 55 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    The departmental analysis should work well for you. Just set up a department for factored sales and ensure a department number is entered for all future sales.

Then print off a detailed sales day book when required and specify the department for factored sales. Should work fine provided input is accurate.

Paul
  • JodieR
    Options
    Cheers! I'm going to see them today so i'll give it a try
Privacy Policy