Accoutants Report

Options
astra
astra Registered Posts: 13 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
do the AAT produce an accoutants report for sole traders & partnerships ?

Comments

• Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I don't know, but I always use the standard one from VT Accounts. When I'm at work on Monday remind me and I'll copy and paste it for you :)
  • astra
    astra Registered Posts: 13 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Cheers
  • monkeypuzzle47
    monkeypuzzle47 Registered Posts: 134 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Me too. I always include the accountants report (using vt) when preparing the accounts for sole traders and partnerships. Although its not compulsary, I always include it. I hope this is okay? If anyone knows any different please advise.

jenny
  • Monsoon
    Options
    Me too. I always include the accountants report (using vt) when preparing the accounts for sole traders and partnerships. Although its not compulsary, I always include it. I hope this is okay? If anyone knows any different please advise.

jenny
    Jenny,
    I think it's good practice to include it - it's like a disclaimer of sorts, apart from anything else! ;)

Jenni
  • Monsoon
    Options
    For sole traders (can be amended for partnerships)

Statement by client:
    "I approve these accounts which comprise the Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet and related notes. I acknowledge my responsibility for the accounts, including the appropriateness of the accounting basis as set out in note 1, and for providing all the information and explanations necessary for their compilation."

[signature]
    [client name]
    [date]

[Note 1 reads
    1 Accounting basis
    The accounts have been compiled on a basis that enables profits to be calculated in
    accordance with UK Generally Accepted Accounting Practice and that provides sufficient
    and relevant information to enable the completion of a tax return.]

Accountant's statement:

Accountants' report on the unaudited accounts
    to [client name]
    You have approved the accounts for the year ended 31st March 2008 which comprise the Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet and related notes. In accordance with your instructions, we have compiled these unaudited accounts from the accounting records and information and explanations supplied to us.

[signature]
    [Accountancy practice name]
    [Address]

[Date]
Privacy Policy