Mondays Suck

A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Ever get the feeling its going to be one of those days Grrrrrr

Been prepairing a speech all weekend and gathering the courage to ask my boss for a pay rise (hate asking for anything).

Sets off nice and early, best pants new work blouse then:-

1 coffee (hot) - idoit bangs into me outside favorate coffee shop - all over nice new blouse.

2 computer - Second site computer dies a death so manager not in (was going to discuss with her before boss came in) plus cost of new computer not good.

3 Client - Lost client (nuff said)

4 Boss (not coming in till late)

Think am gonna leave it till after easter :crying:
Β«1

Comments

• jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Sorry to hear that A-Vic, why not try Thursday/Friday , whichever is your last day this week, then you're not thinking about it all weekend again?

BTW why 'best pants' ? :laugh:
  • A-Vic
    jilt wrote: Β»
    Sorry to hear that A-Vic, why not try Thursday/Friday , whichever is your last day this week, then you're not thinking about it all weekend again?

BTW why 'best pants' ? :laugh:

lol favorate i ment to say.

I finish wednesday and the boss is only in for a couple of hours a day so wanted to get it out the way. Plus he is away for 2 weeks the day before i get back so wanted to give him easter to think about it
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    Ever get the feeling its going to be one of those days Grrrrrr

Been prepairing a speech all weekend and gathering the courage to ask my boss for a pay rise (hate asking for anything).

Sets off nice and early, best pants new work blouse then:-

1 coffee (hot) - idoit bangs into me outside favorate coffee shop - all over nice new blouse.

2 computer - Second site computer dies a death so manager not in (was going to discuss with her before boss came in) plus cost of new computer not good.

3 Client - Lost client (nuff said)

4 Boss (not coming in till late)

Think am gonna leave it till after easter :crying:

May be the sign's are saying today is not the day for that conversation........poor you.....hope the day improves:001_wub:
  • A-Vic
    Diannew wrote: Β»
    May be the sign's are saying today is not the day for that conversation........poor you.....hope the day improves:001_wub:

:001_unsure: i think your right

O another point found out why boss is late he will be at the dentist :lol: (as staited above)
  • SeanyBoy
    SeanyBoy Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    :001_unsure: i think your right

O another point found out why boss is late he will be at the dentist :lol: (as staited above)

He may not be in the mood to talk when he gets in then! Good Luck though... :thumbup:
  • A-Vic
    SeanyBoy wrote: Β»
    He may not be in the mood to talk when he gets in then! Good Luck though... :thumbup:

do you ever get the feeling the world is against you - yep ive deceided to leave it for now
  • Diannew
    do you ever get the feeling the world is against you - yep ive deceided to leave it for now

The world is not against you hun.....think about all the good thing's that are going on in you life:001_wub::001_wub:

This is just one thing.....and you will sort it out when the time is right...things happen for a reason...and just maybe regardless of what appears to have gone wrong...today was not the day for you to ask yopur boss....so things have stopped you untill the time is right.........we have a nice break comming up.....take a deep breath have a coffee......and enjoy the break that is comming up...I am sure you will get all that you want when the time is right:001_wub::001_wub:
  • A-Vic
    Diannew wrote: Β»
    The world is not against you hun.....think about all the good thing's that are going on in you life:001_wub::001_wub:

This is just one thing.....and you will sort it out when the time is right...things happen for a reason...and just maybe regardless of what appears to have gone wrong...today was not the day for you to ask yopur boss....so things have stopped you untill the time is right.........we have a nice break comming up.....take a deep breath have a coffee......and enjoy the break that is comming up...I am sure you will get all that you want when the time is right:001_wub::001_wub:

Thanks dianne

Yeah cant wait 5 days up in north east coast and scotland-(i think) a few drinkypoo's (ok a lot) :lol: sand sea fresh air
  • Diannew
    Thanks dianne

Yeah cant wait 5 days up in north east coast and scotland-(i think) a few drinkypoo's (ok a lot) :lol: sand sea fresh air

See ...now that's the A-Vic we know.........:lol::lol:

Keep smiling
  • A-Vic
    Well he came he went lol didnt happen o well there be other chances :001_smile:
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    I love your butterfly. I never did work out how to do that :blushing:

Enjoy your break - it sounds nice :thumbup:
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Its good when you're in Dublin drinking Guinness :thumbup1:
  • A-Vic
    I love your butterfly. I never did work out how to do that :blushing:

Enjoy your break - it sounds nice :thumbup:

Awww thanks i will and ty about the pic:001_smile:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    a-vic just be glad youve still got a job and not on the dole line like me !!!
  • A-Vic
    a-vic just be glad youve still got a job and not on the dole line like me !!!

I would mark but when you see people working at asda's on nearlly 4 k a year more than you stacking shelves but are to worried about bills to pay and not only yourself to support you cant leave but work load getting even more intense something has to give.

Funny thing is i would probly be better off on the dole and thats no lie. When well over a third of your wages go on rent alone (not including council tax, water, gas, electric ect...) as well as student exam fee's need i go on.

Sorry Mark but at times am not glad ive got a job, but still am, because of cheap labour and wages and the fact that my home town was in the top 3 (not percent) lowest deprived areas in the country you get what you can.
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Less than a shelf stacker? That's disgusting.

Fair play to you for perservering, is it your intention to stay with this firm after you qualify? Hope not?
  • A-Vic
    Sonny_L wrote: Β»
    Less than a shelf stacker? That's disgusting.

Fair play to you for perservering, is it your intention to stay with this firm after you qualify? Hope not?

O no am hoping to move further up north either carry on in practise or try for the NHS or even go self-employed.

But for now i will stay put and at the end of the day to say on a CV ive worked in practise for 4 years has to look good.
  • mark130273
    O no am hoping to move further up north either carry on in practise or try for the NHS or even go self-employed.

But for now i will stay put and at the end of the day to say on a CV ive worked in practise for 4 years has to look good.

well i didnt think you were on that low? lower than shelve stackers?now thats bad love !!!
  • A-Vic
    well i didnt think you were on that low? lower than shelve stackers?now thats bad love !!!

Yeah but only short term :001_smile:

How is the job hunting going?
  • mark130273
    Yeah but only short term :001_smile:

How is the job hunting going?

not great.still looking and the agencies are ???
  • A-Vic
    not great.still looking and the agencies are ???

Bummer

Have you tried NHS Sites and other large orgnisations?
  • mark130273
    Bummer

Have you tried NHS Sites and other large orgnisations?

too bloody right........but i might have got an interview. but have to travel a bit for it ?
  • A-Vic
    Bit of an update on this post for you:-

Well i spoke to my manager just before i left before easter and she said she couldn't see a problem.

Well its almost may and nothing and getting more hacked off by the day - also to top it off the tax credits have now also informed me that they are to be stopped it was onlt Β£7 per week but that means the extra help received from college stops - around 600 altogether Β£100 is going to cost me over Β£1100.

So if by payday nothings changed i have no choice i have to look for a new job.
  • SeanyBoy
    Bit of an update on this post for you:-

Well i spoke to my manager just before i left before easter and she said she couldn't see a problem.

Well its almost may and nothing and getting more hacked off by the day - also to top it off the tax credits have now also informed me that they are to be stopped it was onlt Β£7 per week but that means the extra help received from college stops - around 600 altogether Β£100 is going to cost me over Β£1100.

So if by payday nothings changed i have no choice i have to look for a new job.

A-Vic i have faith that things will work out for you. I know right now it probably seems as if the world is against you but these are the times that make us stronger.

Have you had a look at whats out there in terms of work?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic i have faith that things will work out for you. I know right now it probably seems as if the world is against you but these are the times that make us stronger.

Have you had a look at whats out there in terms of work?

Yep not a lot at the moment but i keep looking and in two sites homes and noth east
  • SeanyBoy
    Yep not a lot at the moment but i keep looking and in two sites homes and noth east

have you tried www.totaljobs.com ?

(mentioned on other thread)

im not sure what it would be like for Manchester but its pretty good for london.. give it a try u never know... :thumbup:
  • A-Vic
    have you tried www.totaljobs.com ?

(mentioned on other thread)

im not sure what it would be like for Manchester but its pretty good for london.. give it a try u never know... :thumbup:

Thanks sean ive had a wizz through looks good but not a lot in my area but a few in newcastle (where id like to find a job and relocate to)

Thing thats gets me though i love my job the location is brill but its really starting to eat away at my savings (well none left) what do you do?
  • SeanyBoy
    Thanks sean ive had a wizz through looks good but not a lot in my area but a few in newcastle (where id like to find a job and relocate to)

Thing thats gets me though i love my job the location is brill but its really starting to eat away at my savings (well none left) what do you do?

Im at a property development company in SW london.. had a good spell here and have learnt a lot from my manager. I bought a flat... got made redundant.. then found out im to be a daddy all in the space of about 2 months!! Im due to leave here at the end of may and have not had any offers as yet but i keep plugging away.. every chance i get i am sending cv's and applying online at every job i think i may be suited to.. perhaps even a few that may be a bit above me. Still worth a shot!!

Just keep plugging away and hounding people.. even if its your manager... what the worst he/she can say.. no?? Then at least you know where you stand..

good luck :thumbup:
  • A-Vic
    Well things looking up (at last)

Bit the bullet today and spoke directly to my boss

Now going to get mondays all day at college for next year (still making up the hours) but does mean i dont have to do two evenings a week at college

But am getting a pay raise not sure of amount but they are getting back to me next week

Woooohoooooo
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Great news A-Vic, well done :thumbup:
Privacy Policy