Should I register as self employed

Options
katsutlieff
katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I have just been offered a days work with a local charity, a bit of bookkeeping and some admin, hurray some chance to put all I have learnt into practice.

My brother and his business partner have also asked whether I can take over their companies bookkeeping.

I am currently employed though my husbands company to do the admin and bookkeeping, and am on PAYE.

Would be sensible thing to do be, to leave the employment of my husbands business. Register as self employed and bill each company monthly?

Any advice would be gratefully received :thumbup:

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I have just been offered a days work with a local charity, a bit of bookkeeping and some admin, hurray some chance to put all I have learnt into practice.

My brother and his business partner have also asked whether I can take over their companies bookkeeping.

I am currently employed though my husbands company to do the admin and bookkeeping, and am on PAYE.

Would be sensible thing to do be, to leave the employment of my husbands business. Register as self employed and bill each company monthly?

Any advice would be gratefully received :thumbup:

Hi Kat

Cant you do both?
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Not sure A-Vic. Have spoken with the accountant who passed the work onto me and she seems to think going self employed is the best thing to do. As well as my brother who is the carpenter, I have one who is a plumber and one who works with my husband as a tree surgeon so could start doing their books as well. The more the merrier :001_smile:
Privacy Policy