HMRC Internet submissions!

Options
Pigpen
Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Morning Campers!

Has anyone tried submitting Payroll year end stuff via the Internet submission facility lately?

So far it thas taken 36 minutes to submit files for my three directors - I think I have lost the will to live!

Technology is a wonderful thing!

N O T !!! :thumbdown:
ยซ1

Comments

• SeanyBoy
    SeanyBoy Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Pigpen wrote: ยป
    Morning Campers!

Has anyone tried submitting Payroll year end stuff via the Internet submission facility lately?

So far it thas taken 36 minutes to submit files for my three directors - I think I have lost the will to live!

Try going to tools - options and deleting your cookies and temporary internet files. Then save the website as a trusted site and you should have no problems.

I had a similar problem with doing CIS returns and i kept losing all my data as the site crashed...

good luck :thumbup:
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hi there you're back, how was the skiing?

And in answer to your thread, no not yet, I have that pleasure to come :thumbdown:
  • Pigpen
    Options
    I don't think it's a problem my end - I think they are just mega busy - 44 mins now!

I submitted the staff returns (under a diff Company by 9.30 this morning and they went after the second attempt) Your computer keeps dialling until it gets thru form what I can gather ?

Ah well - Nothing better to do I spose than sit watching my screen and talk to you guys on here :thumbup1:
  • Pigpen
    Options
    Hi Jilt! Nice pic!

I had a great time skiing thanks but brought back a rather unpleasant chest infection and am coughing like a 40 a day smoker! (Harsh cos I only smoke 39 a day)............................. Not!

Have mastered the reds and managed a black run - Only falling once!

I did do a black last year in Austria - Unfortunately it was on my back with my head down the slope screaming ! Not quite Herman Myer!

Hows life with you?
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed it but sorry to hear you're not well.

I'm afraid the red and black scenario is wasted on me as I've never been skiing but I get the gist!

Life's ok thanks, even the stepson's being much less annoying than usual :laugh: Am very busy though and hardly finding time to study/revise.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Morning Campers!

Its the same year in and out this time of year - May 19th and still 12 left to do - plus using Thesarus Payroll software even thats acting up roll on 20th may
  • Pigpen
    Options
    Hello A-Vic

How are you me dear?

Yes mine is all done thru Sage Payroll - Everything went like clockwork with the other company's submission.

It's now 1 hour and 4 mins - You can't log off for fear of it all getting c*cked up - I guess I have to hope that the rest of the country go to Lunch soon and mine goes thru - Lol

Ahhhhhhh the joys of year ends!
  • Pigpen
    Options
    DW Jilt

I haven't even got thru half the text book for DFS yet! But will throw myself into it this week now that life has settled down a bit?

I must register this week with ATT too so I can do the Nov exam sitting ! Talking to you has reminded me :thumbup1:
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Afternoon Piggy

Yehh am fab ty hows you? did you have a nice weekend? :001_smile:
  • Pigpen
    Options
    1 hour 47 mins - Snore!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi A-vic - weekend was ok - Coughed my way thru most of it what with the Chest infection but never mind! What about yours?

Do you know anything about student finance? See other post?
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Pretty Quite weekend here.

Will have a nosey at other thread :001_smile:
  • Pigpen
    Options
    Now - nearly three hours since it first started submitting

It's obviously doing something?

Should I abort and start again - Worried as on a previous screen it said once aborted

There is no obvious way of ending this programme other than by the task manager

Sage & HMRC helplines are 30 mins wait - great !
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Now - nearly three hours since it first started submitting

It's obviously doing something?

Should I abort and start again - Worried as on a previous screen it said once aborted

There is no obvious way of ending this programme other than by the task manager

Sage & HMRC helplines are 30 mins wait - great !

is there no way you can file them tonight? It seems to be a lot easier to get them through
  • Pigpen
    Options
    Ah don't you love them

HMRC are saying that they can see I am trying to send them the info thru the secure portal and it must therefore be a Sage fault!

Sage are saying it is a HMRC fault

The problem is I can't disconnect cos the info is kind of half way there and you can't submit twice

I really have lost the will to live now -

My suggestion to anyone else is to submit yours at some random time in the middle of the night if you want any success?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Pigpen
    Options
    Well after 4 hours I have given up

I have aborted the submit programme

I reckon I am in trouble now!

Not sure anyones is reading this page but It's keeping me sane

Here goes with another attempt
  • Beautiful_bobo
    Beautiful_bobo Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Its taken a little under 4 hours and still going strong to submit the payroll year end. So you are not alone.

I have been checking how long it has taken you and comparing it to mine.

Keep up the good work

:001_smile:
  • Pigpen
    Options
    I gave up - Then tried to re-submit

Sage have now put a warning up saying that they are experiencing delays due to a problem with HMRC - I am gonna try once more before home time then try first thing tomorrow at 8.30 a.m

Let me know if youever get thru - Ta :thumbup1:
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    In general, the web is a mess of many complex, often incompatible, poorly documented and buggy technologies all somehow hacked into working together. Few people really understand how it all works and the more advanced the tasks you try to do with it the more likely things are to fall over.

It's more amazing that any of it works at all rather than sometimes it doesn't :001_tongue:
  • Pigpen
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmm - Thanks - I Think ?
  • Beautiful_bobo
    Beautiful_bobo Registered Posts: 106 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Payroll year end

I have given up now, getting on for 5 hours, I will leave it to run over night and see what happens tomorrow. I was going to do so much, we are supposed to have payroll finished today and sent off for authorisation. Another early start tomorrow.

:huh:
  • Pigpen
    Options
    You and me both - One of my companies went straight thru early on this morning - Maybe that's the key - Nice to know it wasn't just me tho - I am off home now - Had enough!
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I had that problem one month for CIS returns, gave up and cancelled it, then miracle of miracles when I logged on in the morning I had an email confirming receipt of the monthly return.

You never know same thing might happen for your year end.

For once i was organised and submitted my P3 etc. on the 6th of April went through no probs.
  • Pigpen
    Options
    Thanks Pamdll

Well I rushed in this morning to file again - to get a message back saying already submitted - I Called HMRC - they confirmed

Then logged on my emails and like Pam I have a successful email !

The HMRC girl said it went thru at 09.57 yesterday morning - Thanks Inland Revenue for a wasted day !

Still all done now :thumbup1:
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Thanks Pamdll

Well I rushed in this morning to file again - to get a message back saying already submitted - I Called HMRC - they confirmed

Then logged on my emails and like Pam I have a successful email !

The HMRC girl said it went thru at 09.57 yesterday morning - Thanks Inland Revenue for a wasted day !

Still all done now :thumbup1:

omg that so bad but good it got through
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    At the end of our last financial year I submitted our P11ds (eventually), phoned for confirmation (which I got) then four months later got a letter from HMRC saying we were being fined ยฃ400 for not submitting them!!

It all got sorted eventually and I actually got a letter of apology, which I think I should frame.
  • Pigpen
    Options
    Good for you - F&F

I must admit - I have printed the confirmation email and also took the girls name at HMRC and noted the time and date I spoke to them just in case !

You can never be too sure - lol
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Yes, I must admit I have learned from that and I have too printed off all the confirmation e-mails this year! You live and learn. I always seem to have these horrible things arrive on Fridays so I have to wait and worry all weekend before speaking to someone.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    It's always a good rule-of-thumb to assume any Government department is incompetent :001_tongue:
  • lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Morning Campers!

I was very keen I done my payroll year end last week for the company I work for (5 staff) quite small which may be why it went through quite quickly.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    I was very keen I done my payroll year end last week for the company I work for (5 staff) quite small which may be why it went through quite quickly.

Ive managed 11 so far 40 to go :thumbup1:
Privacy Policy