Having so much trouble with AAT

LSelby
LSelby Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
I just can't seem to get my head round some bits, and just when I think I have cracked it, I do an activity... and get it completely wrong:confused1:! Gah! It doesn't help that I have the attention span of a gnat. :thumbdown:

Would be interested to know if anyone else near my area would like a study buddy? I am in Bishops Stortford (near Stansted) if anyone is interested.

Thanks
Linz

Comments

• sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
    What are you stuck with? I'll try and help you if I can
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    just ask questions on here - i am sure someone will come and help you

We are a friendly bunch

Tracy
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Hey Linz

You def are not the first person to feel like that - personally i think ive been like that pre any exam ive ever taken.

Just stick at it keep reading little bits take plenty of breaks inbetween and if you start to get fustrated on a question step away for a little while or move on and go back.

and as others said ask questions, we are all in the same boat and ive come to rely a lot on the great people on here as support and study buddies :001_smile:

Good luck

Vic
  • dobbieobby
    dobbieobby Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi Linz,
    I used to live in Bishops Stortford! I'm only about 30 minutes from you but I've done the second year now. Like you seemed to get everything wrong. Dont panic, just do pass exams over and over again, do skills test too as they are often harder (in my opinon) than the exam itself. ANY questions, please post it on here, it's been EXTREMELY helpful to me, even the most (what seems) stupid question gets an answer. Crack on, if I can do it, so can you. PM me if you want to ask anything.
    Good luck :thumbup:
    Debbie
  • LSelby
    Thanks all. I actually ordered the course last september but things have been so hectic with life and then year end mania that I have not had time (or the inclination). I have decided I won't take June exams because I feel no where near ready yet and would prefer to take my time rather than rush it and screw it all up. I feel a bit more relaxed about it now I have made that decision. (oh and am doing homestudy). I just need to be a bit more stricter with myself.
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
    I found that at first with Homestudy, to be honest its a bit like dieting. It looks really hard so you put it off but once you get one unit done and see one result on your statement of achievement it really does motivate you to get them all done in that section.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    i agree with Sarah.

I am homestudy and my books stared at me for months, then i moved several times. i took me ages to get my foundation certificate - it turned up last friday - woo hoo

But yes, you do have to be strict with yourself. as well as paying for the course in full many years ago, i am now having to pay for each seperate simulation to be marked Β£60 each, as my course has gone over 2 years long.

Stick with it, read those books and practise past papers is my advise

Good luck
    Tracy
  • LSelby
    Thanks all.

I found when I did my bookkeeping course (also homestudy) that I also fell into a rut, but once I got the flow going, I had it completed in no time at all. It also helped that my tutor was pretty good with feedback etc and the coursework was easy to follow.

Now for this one! At least work is paying this time, but MUST MUST MUST get it all done in time for Dec exams because that is when the 18 month deadline is up!

Anyway, good luck to those taking June exams.... any exams really! :thumbup:

Linz
Privacy Policy