Clearly Business professional partners package

bluesbreakerbluesbreaker Just JoinedRegistered, Array Posts: 3
I wonder if anyone has issues with the clearly business package as marketed by Barclays bank?
I joined this scam as I was advised that being part of this would enable the bank to introduce business to me!!
I have cancelled my subscriptiom and asked for a full refund as I have at no time received any referals.I think that Barclays do not in fact have on their list of approved qualifications the AAT!!
:mad2:

Comments

• JodieRJodieR Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 1,002
    I met with our local Barclays Bank manager a few weeks ago - he was very charming and did his best to sell the scheme to me and I was in two minds about it, but after reading your post I think i'll give it a miss!
  • PaulPSBPaulPSB Feels At Home Registered Posts: 55
    I wonder if anyone has issues with the clearly business package as marketed by Barclays bank?
    I joined this scam as I was advised that being part of this would enable the bank to introduce business to me!!
    I have cancelled my subscriptiom and asked for a full refund as I have at no time received any referals.I think that Barclays do not in fact have on their list of approved qualifications the AAT!!
    :mad2:

I have been using the Clearly Business package for 2-3 years and have worked with the local Barclays team throughout.
    I would suggest that as a result I have taken on clients with recurring fees in excess of £8,000 per annum. Not the best source of new business but not to be ignored.
    As a matter of interest how often have you spoken with the local business manager?
    Did you send them a card and a bottle of wine at Xmas?
    Have you referred any business to them?

Remember any business relationship is a 2 way street

I would be inclined to stick with it and "work the relationship" more

Regards

Paul
  • TimmneTimmne Feels At Home Registered Posts: 37
    PaulPSB wrote: »
    I have been using the Clearly Business package for 2-3 years and have worked with the local Barclays team throughout.
    I would suggest that as a result I have taken on clients with recurring fees in excess of £8,000 per annum. Not the best source of new business but not to be ignored.
    As a matter of interest how often have you spoken with the local business manager?
    Did you send them a card and a bottle of wine at Xmas?
    Have you referred any business to them?

Remember any business relationship is a 2 way street

I would be inclined to stick with it and "work the relationship" more

Regards

Paul

I 100% agree. I have met a number of people who expect referrals one way and are genuinely shocked when, after referring nobody, they get none back.

Getting a proper relationship with the manager is absolutely key. I'm aware of the clearly business scheme from a past life and know that it's only as good as you make it and you do need to invest some serious effort into it at times.