Mr Darling's budget seems a bit limp!

Pigpen
Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I have just skimmed over the main points but seems a bit lack lustre to say the least!

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• groundy
    groundy Registered Posts: 495 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Where's the help for small businesses?:confused1:
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
    It does seem rather feeble, all the usual things going up and not much bite to the rest of it.
  • Jon_1984
    Jon_1984 Registered Posts: 186 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    will wait and see which car manufactorers increase their prices by £2000.00.........
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    "Economy to grow by 3.5% annually from 2011"

:huh:

Seriously, :huh: :huh:

The man is crazy
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    "An extra £9bn in efficiency savings is planned"

Is it me, or is this an admission that they have been wasting £9 billion for the last couple of years......£9 BILLION :ohmy:
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    Is it me, or is this an admission that they have been wasting £9 billion for the last couple of years......£9 BILLION :ohmy:

They will just make a load of civil servants redundant.........and then take them all back on as "Consultants". :001_tt2:
    It'll come out of a different budget so they will be able to crow about saving £9bill on civil service:lol:
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I can see a lot of high earners becoming "consultants" with offshore companies and offshore bank accounts, thus avoiding the punitive higher rate of tax.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I can see a lot of high earners becoming "consultants" with offshore companies and offshore bank accounts, thus avoiding the punitive higher rate of tax.
    Don't they do that already?

Pretty uninspiring really, though £2,000 for my old banger sounds OK. Wonder if we'll actually hear anything constructive from Osborne about what he would do for once.
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor 🐘
    why shatter my hopes of becoming a group finance director by making them personally liable? i know one thats considering retiring as the government has never helped him
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    is it me or didnt they think people with ten year olds cars have ten year old cars because they cant aford to buy new ones ??????:lol:
  • Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    FORD already stated a few weeks back that they were increasing prices and their reason .. "We think it will stimulate the people into buying Ford Cars"... ermmm, ok - either you are really stupid Ford, or you think you can take the public for a ride.

Do you seriously think we didn't find it suss when you were the only manufacturer to come out and say you are increasing your proces just as the scrappage scheme came to light?
  • SeanyBoy
    SeanyBoy Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    A-Vic wrote: »
    is it me or didnt they think people with ten year olds cars have ten year old cars because they cant aford to buy new ones ??????:lol:

i think the idea is more along the lines of getting old cars of the road and get people buying newer cars...

lets face it the opportunity to get 2k for a car that is hardly worth 2 hundred may seem slightly appealing to some..

personally im supportive of the scheme and think it could benefit a lot of people..
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I predict people in PTC exam questions will start earning over £150K in a year or so :001_tongue:
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    A-Vic wrote: »

That's exactly what I thought vic!
Privacy Policy