Query regarding Simulations

Options
neuroticprincess
neuroticprincess Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor โญ
Good Morning

I am trying to find out how much of the simulation students see before they actually sit the simulation. I am worried that the college I attend has given out to much information and am unsure of how to deal with the situation.

What happens at the colleges everyone else attends?

Thank you

Comments

• taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    usually the college keeps them until the day of the simulation. no one should see it before hand.

Tracy
  • neuroticprincess
    Options
    Thank you. What do you think the best way forward with this would be as we have been shown far more than we should have and I am concerned my test will become void.

Thanks
  • Toffeemadblue
    Toffeemadblue Registered Posts: 102 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I'm with Taskey on this. At our college they bring them in and hand them out as we are about to sit them. I Know they have them in advance and that they keep them secure, we have have not even had a hint about revision or anything that might seem suspicious. Unfortunately I don't know what you should do except to say that doing nothing inevitably means a degree of collusion on your part which seems unwise.
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Have they actually shown you the whole paper to look over in advance? It would probably look suspicious if the whole class gets top marks.
  • neuroticprincess
    Options
    Yes we have seen the whole paper. Im concerned because like you say everyone will have the same answers and I don't want to risk my qualification by doing nothing about it?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Yes we have seen the whole paper. Im concerned because like you say everyone will have the same answers and I don't want to risk my qualification by doing nothing about it?

Hi can i ask what unit is this?
  • SeanyBoy
    SeanyBoy Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    This is shocking! I cant believe a tutor actually thought it would be ok to actually do this.

As far as i am aware simulations are treated exactly like real examinations except they are in class with the tutor and is marked by the tutor.

At my college we just look over past simulations to get an IDEA of what MAY come up, we may even be given a few hints on what to study but definately not read the simulation so we know exactly what to expect.

As far as reporting it goes i am unsure of who would be best to speak to. Perhaps approach your tutor first with your concerns or even the head of department..

I do hope it doesnt affect your qualification..
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I think what you're doing is 100% right and i applaud you for being brave enough to speak out about it. If they do this with every simulation and get caught out towards the end then what's stopping the AAT making you take ALL the simulations again..? I don't know about you but once i've started a new unit then i don't think i could successfully complete a simulation on a previous unit from about 6 months ago!! If i was you then i'd definitely contact the AAT about this. The simulation should NOT under any circumstance be shown to you beforehand. And to be perfectly honest i think this thread will make some students think 'what the f**k...???' and see it as though their at a very unfair advantage and may even tell the AAT themselves, and of course they're going to know from your AAT number what college you go to. I can assure you that it won't be me though!! But i trust you to do what's right in the long run :-)

Good luck xx
  • Joanne89
    Joanne89 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    This is outrageous

Colleges get paid by the government according to how many people pass, not how well they teach.

Looks very dodgy

If AAT DON'T INVESTIGATE WE COULD ALL END UP WITH A WORTHLESS QUALIFICATION.
  • neuroticprincess
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

I reported it to the tutor in charge who has orded some new simulations so we won't be doing the one we have seen. I know everyone in my college won't agree with me but I do not see the point of sitting a simulation that I have not studied for and it is not worth the risk of loosing the qualification later down the line. I agree this would have given a very unfair advantage to others who hadn't seen the simulation and I also don't think it would have gone unnoticed should our centre be sampled.

Thanks again
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    well done you.

I think you have done the right thing, as if you passed the original simulation (which you would have), you would have felt cheated in yourself. at least you know that when you sit the new one, you will have earned that mark that you get.

Tracy
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Good on you!!

You should be proud of what you did, it wouldn't have been easy.

You did the right thing.

Good luck with your new simulation!! :-)

Rach xx
  • dobbieobby
    dobbieobby Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Well done for owning up! Surely the tutor in question is going to get into trouble? I do home study, I do not have a tutor to assist me at all, it's not fair that those at college get an unfair advantage.
    I'm proud of you :thumbup1:
  • neuroticprincess
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Its nice to get the comments on here cos it's certainly not what Im getting from people I thought were my friends at college.
  • Greycow
    Greycow Registered Posts: 83 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Congratulations for doing the right thing, I applaud you
  • reddwarf
    reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Well done, that was a tough call.

Hang In!!

PS. I'm not American!!! but somehow the 'American' language sums up the right sentiments!
  • Toffeemadblue
    Toffeemadblue Registered Posts: 102 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Its nice to get the comments on here cos it's certainly not what Im getting from people I thought were my friends at college.

That's the good thing about these forums you can feel free to air your dilemmas and get good advice and support, well done for being brave and honest :thumbup:
Privacy Policy