Getting nervious unit 6

A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970
I did a practise paper today in class and it was like running a marthon i was fine on section one but section 2 is killing me.

So stock card fine
Appropreation fine
labour costs fine
NPV fine and Net cash flows fine

But when it comes to the formulas i.e

Margin of saftey ect am really struggling

No disripect to my tutor but doing more pratice papers isnt helping me understand any help would be greatful accepted

thanks vic :001_smile:

Comments

  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415
    If it's just a case of learning the formulae Vic, then just do what I and many others have done. Write them onto small cards that you can laminate and carry with you everywhere you go. Look at them often and get family and friends to test you.

    I also printed each formula out A4 size and stuck them to my office walls and bedroom ceiling so I was looking at them throughout the day. Once you get into the exam hall and pretty much as soon as you're allowed to open the paper, write them down immediately while they're still fresh so you can refer to them later on.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970
    blobbyh wrote: »
    If it's just a case of learning the formulae Vic, then just do what I and many others have done. Write them onto small cards that you can laminate and carry with you everywhere you go. Look at them often and get family and friends to test you.

    I also printed each formula out A4 size and stuck them to my office walls and bedroom ceiling so I was looking at them throughout the day. Once you get into the exam hall and pretty much as soon as you're allowed to open the paper, write them down immediately while they're still fresh so you can refer to them later on.

    Hi robert

    thanks for replying

    I have the formulas dotted everywhere its just when it comes to putting them into practise i get lost for example exam paper june 06 i was totally lost
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415
    June 06 was the exam I sat when passing ECR. Can you send me a link to the paper please Vic and give me a bit of time to re-read the chapters in my Tutorial? Let me know which particular questions you are stuck on and - no guarantees - but I'll see what I can do to help...
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970
    blobbyh wrote: »
    June 06 was the exam I sat when passing ECR. Can you send me a link to the paper please Vic and give me a bit of time to re-read the chapters in my Tutorial? Let me know which particular questions you are stuck on and - no guarantees - but I'll see what I can do to help...

    gonna sound really dumb but the file wont attach how can i do it
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970
    hope this works
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970
    its 2.2 onwards
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415
    Sadly, that's just a text document. I'll see if I can find the pdf version - unless you can copy and paste the hyperlink - re-read the relevant parts of the textbook and have a crack at the questions. Won't be tonight Vic but I'll see if I can find some time tomorrow and over the next few days.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970
    blobbyh wrote: »
    Sadly, that's just a text document. I'll see if I can find the pdf version - unless you can copy and paste the hyperlink - re-read the relevant parts of the textbook and have a crack at the questions. Won't be tonight Vic but I'll see if I can find some time tomorrow and over the next few days.

    thanks robert really greatful for the help :)
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711
    blobbyh wrote: »
    Once you get into the exam hall and pretty much as soon as you're allowed to open the paper, write them down immediately while they're still fresh so you can refer to them later on.

    Where would you write them? Just in one of the workings sections?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970
    Esme wrote: »
    Where would you write them? Just in one of the workings sections?

    Just on the worrking sheets the ones left blank for your workings
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711
    Ok thanks, that's a good idea, I'm going to have to start memorising them now! :huh:
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415
    Hi Vic, I have a damaged Windows Installer that won't let me install Adobe Reader (or MS Office) so I although I've downloaded the paper, I can't yet see it. I'm trying to fix this without doing yet another Windows reinstall (I restored my laptop last weekend) so please bear with me...
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970
    blobbyh wrote: »
    Hi Vic, I have a damaged Windows Installer that won't let me install Adobe Reader (or MS Office) so I although I've downloaded the paper, I can't yet see it. I'm trying to fix this without doing yet another Windows reinstall (I restored my laptop last weekend) so please bear with me...

    Hi Robert

    Sorry delayed responce P35 Season Grr

    Thanks for going to all this trouble next time i see you in a decent metal bar i'll buy you a very large one :thumbup1:
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366
    A-Vic wrote: »
    I did a practise paper today in class and it was like running a marthon i was fine on section one but section 2 is killing me.

    So stock card fine
    Appropreation fine
    labour costs fine
    NPV fine and Net cash flows fine

    But when it comes to the formulas i.e

    Margin of saftey ect am really struggling

    No disripect to my tutor but doing more pratice papers isnt helping me understand any help would be greatful accepted

    thanks vic :001_smile:


    Ive found 2 ways that are helping me to remember the formulas.....
    1st i make up initials to remember them
    eg.. Breakeven in units = fixed costs/contribution...ive remembered this by thinking KFC...BFC. The first intitial of everything in the formula....

    2nd is i have gone old school....ive done lines...i wrote out some of the formulas over and over and eventually they have sunk in!!!!

    just some ideas i thought i would share!!!!

    :001_smile:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970
    Cheers Rachy

    Gonna give it a try this weekend :001_smile:
Privacy Policy