Hahahahaha!!!

LondonMatt
LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Well done Barca :thumbup:

Best team won.......WORST referee I've seen in ages though

:lol::lol:

Iniesta-Chelsea-Barcelona-Champions-League-Se_2273149.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::

Didier-Drogba-Chelsea-Barcelona-Champions-Lea_2272936.jpg
«1

Comments

  • AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668 Epic contributor 🐘
    You saw the game? I was listening on 5-live. RE the ref, if the red card wasn't, did he get anything right??

    Gutted, but I'm not sure you can say the best team won (not least because it was a draw)! 70% possession but only one shot on target isn't exactly possession well used. I fear for them in the final, much to my annoyance I think United will trounce them.

    I'm losing more and more interest in the game because many of the important decisions are the wrong ones - referees are becoming increasingly more prone to cocking it up; some form of technology needs to be introduced soon as this season has been diabolical!

    Bring in goal line tech to start with; was it Reading this year where the ball went other side of post but a goal given??
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    No way was the red card a sending off - it wasn't even a foul! lol The ref gives a free kick for a Barca foul committed INSIDE the box, ingores TWO Barca handballs in the area and fails to give a penalty for a blatent foul on Drogba in the box. Worst refering display I've seen in a while :thumbdown:

    But, even after saying all that, Barca were the better team over the two legs imho. Chelsea just sat back, 10 behind the ball and went for the counter attack - which is fair enough, you play to your strengths - but as a neutral, you want to see the two best (attacking) sides in Europe play each other in the final, and for me, Chelsea didn't do enough to go through - even when Barca went down to 10.

    A ManU and Barca final is mouth watering, can't wait

    The most ridiculous thing though, is that the referee chosen for this game, one of the biggest games for UEFA this year, gets handed to a Norwegien ref! NORWEIGEN? WTF?Why not a Italian or German who referees games in the top flights of European football week in week out? utterly pathetic.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I got to admit, listening to the game, it does sound like Chelsea were robbed, still gave me a good laugh though especially hearing Tim Lovejoy's whinging on 606 afterwards.

    Surely for all but Chelsea fans, Barca v Man U is a much more enticing prospect than another tedious all premiership match-up and Terry and Drogba's yobbish behaviour at the end showed just why most sane people hate Chelsea.
  • groundy
    groundy Registered Posts: 495 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    No Seany boy this morning, or is he still crying into his tea:thumbup:

    Must admit some bad decisions but Chelsea only had to hold out to ten men when already 1 up.

    Plus they went to the Nou Camp and sat back for 90 min after Hiddink was going on about the two best attacking teams in Europe.:001_tt2:
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    groundy wrote: »
    No Seany boy this morning, or is he still crying into his tea:thumbup:
    Oh, he'll turn up eventually. No doubt he'll be wearing a Barca top.......glory hunters are like that you see :thumbdown:

    :laugh: :laugh:
  • SeanyBoy
    SeanyBoy Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Whats the point in moaning about the ref? We should have killed the game much earlier.. so many chances through on goal... but no one could poke it in.. absolutely gutted..:crying:

    Nice to see all the BRITISH (non-chelsea) supporters happy to see a foreign team win though... glad to see you all have your priorities straight..
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    I thought the display from the Chelsea players was disgusting. Drogba was a disgrace! yeh the ref didnt give hand balls, but they cant just rely on scoring from penalties! If they can't score in open play than that's hardly the ref's fault is it. All the Chelsea players involved in abusing the ref at full time need disciplining. I've no doubt the FA will see to the ref, it's not up to Drogba and co :thumbdown:
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    SeanyBoy wrote: »
    Nice to see all the BRITISH (non-chelsea) supporters happy to see a foreign team win though... glad to see you all have your priorities straight..
    I think you lose the right to command the support of all UK supporters when you only have 3 English players in your squad…..two foreign teams :001_tongue: meeting in London? You have to pick the side you actually prefer……..Barca play more attractive football, so I went with them
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Rachey wrote: »
    I thought the display from the Chelsea players was disgusting. Drogba was a disgrace! yeh the ref didnt give hand balls, but they cant just rely on scoring from penalties! If they can't score in open play than that's hardly the ref's fault is it. All the Chelsea players involved in abusing the ref at full time need disciplining. I've no doubt the FA will see to the ref, it's not up to Drogba and co :thumbdown:

    Drogba's a typical football player; complains when the decisions goes against him, but says 'you've got to respect the refs decision' when things go for him……I bet he wasn't complaining when the ref didn't give a penalty for Barca, when Henry was hauled down in the box last week and he won't come out and say the Barca man shouldn't have been sent off last night….

    Anyway, I'm glad to see the FA's "Respect the Ref" campaign has gone so well :001_rolleyes:
  • SeanyBoy
    SeanyBoy Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    I think you lose the right to command the support of all UK supporters when you only have 3 English players in your squad…..two foreign teams :001_tongue: meeting in London? You have to pick the side you actually prefer……..Barca play more attractive football, so I went with them

    Tis the british game Matt.. this is what it has turned into.. a premiership that is overun with foreign players.. not ideal i agree.. but nothing i can do about it.. I still do however consider chelsea a british team... I guess when you support a team that has no hope of getting into the premiership any time soon.. you take pleasure in seeing those in a better position fall.. i know if chelsea had won you would be singing their praises rather than barca's... and im the glory hunter??
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    SeanyBoy wrote: »
    Tis the british game Matt.. this is what it has turned into.. a premiership that is overun with foreign players.. not ideal i agree.. but nothing i can do about it.. I still do however consider chelsea a british team... I guess when you support a team that has no hope of getting into the premiership any time soon.. you take pleasure in seeing those in a better position fall.. i know if chelsea had won you would be singing their praises rather than barca's... and im the glory hunter??

    Not at all, as I said the better team won. Barca were better because they managed to get a draw, but because they played better football. I did not like the way Chelsae played yesterday and even last week at the Nou Camp. And I don't buy into the nonsense-nationalist mentallity whereby I must support a team purely because they happen to play in the UK. Chelsea and Millwall are two London teams, two rivals, I will never support them in anything unless (1) they are playing Wet Spam or (2) playing a foreign team who are sh!te……and even then I'm not bothered about the result.
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    Milwall??

    To give you a bit of optimism, i am a Wigan Athletic supporter and the first game i watched was against Torquay in the old division 3. Look at them now! Who'd have thought it.

    If Wigan can do it then so can Milwall!!
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    SeanyBoy wrote: »
    I guess when you support a team that has no hope of getting into the premiership any time soon.. you take pleasure in seeing those in a better position fall..
    Nope, I'll be quite happy to see Man U win.

    I've never bought into this patriotism thing at club level. Why should I suddenly start supporting teams I despise just because they're playing a foreign club? To think otherwise seems to miss the point of what being a football fan is all about.

    And Matt, you forgot to mention the Russian owner and Dutch manager.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Rachey wrote: »
    If Wigan can do it then so can Milwall!!
    You're probably too young to remember when Milwall were (briefly) in the First Division (back when the First Division was the First Division and League One was the Third Division).
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Rachey wrote: »
    Milwall??

    To give you a bit of optimism, i am a Wigan Athletic supporter and the first game i watched was against Torquay in the old division 3. Look at them now! Who'd have thought it.

    If Wigan can do it then so can Milwall!!

    Wigan? I have horrible memories of playing them in the Old Wembley - for the glorious honour of winning the Autoshield Cup. Dominated the whole game we did, sold something like 50,000 tickets and the b*****ds scored in the last minute :mad2:

    Glad to see you support your local team though, good that :thumbup:
  • SeanyBoy
    SeanyBoy Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    CJC wrote: »
    Nope, I'll be quite happy to see Man U win.

    I've never bought into this patriotism thing at club level. Why should I suddenly start supporting teams I despise just because they're playing a foreign club? To think otherwise seems to miss the point of what being a football fan is all about.

    And Matt, you forgot to mention the Russian owner and Dutch manager.

    Im not suggesting you should all get chelsea shirts and go down the pub to support them.. but to slate a team and be happy to see them knocked out by a foreign team is a bit much.. if you despise chelsea then fair enough i can understand.. i despise liverpool and would rather see them lose a final to a foreign team than have a bunch of "london scousers" chanting how they are champs and so on..
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    CJC wrote: »
    You're probably too young to remember when Milwall were (briefly) in the First Division (back when the First Division was the First Division and League One was the Third Division).
    Before my time that - unfortunately. Would love to see Millwall up there one day - even for one season - but can't see it happening any time soon


    For now, I'll just be happy to play Newcastle next season
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    SeanyBoy wrote: »
    Im not suggesting you should all get chelsea shirts and go down the pub to support them.. but to slate a team and be happy to see them knocked out by a foreign team is a bit much.. if you despise chelsea then fair enough i can understand.. i despise liverpool and would rather see them lose a final to a foreign team than have a bunch of "london scousers" chanting how they are champs and so on..

    I'd have loved an all English final. To prove the premiership is the best league to play in. Lets be honest that's the reason why we have an ambundance of foreign players, so it's a compliment really! :thumbup:
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    SeanyBoy wrote: »
    but to slate a team and be happy to see them knocked out by a foreign team is a bit much.. if you despise chelsea then fair enough i can understand.. i despise liverpool and would rather see them lose a final to a foreign team than have a bunch of "london scousers" chanting how they are champs and so on..

    You kinda contradict yourself there……we can't be happy that Chelski are out to a foreign team, but you can hope that Liverpool get knocked out to a foreign team??
  • SeanyBoy
    SeanyBoy Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    You kinda contradict yourself there……we can't be happy that Chelski are out to a foreign team, but you can hope that Liverpool get knocked out to a foreign team??

    As i said if you despise the team then fair enough.. i know what its like to hate another team.. but if your nuetral then... so no contradiction Matt..
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    SeanyBoy wrote: »
    As i said if you despise the team then fair enough.. i know what its like to hate another team.. but if your nuetral then... so no contradiction Matt..

    You're splitting hairs there, what about if I prefer a foreign team to the english one? No neutral really hates Barcalona as there is nothing to hate - good attacking football, a number of spanards in the team, bring in plenty of youth players and a hardcore fanbase - but plenty of neutrals hate Chelsea.....and manu and liverpool etc

    I'll always support the team/club I prefer, regardless of nationality
  • groundy
    groundy Registered Posts: 495 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    SeanyBoy wrote: »

    Nice to see all the BRITISH (non-chelsea) supporters happy to see a foreign team win though... glad to see you all have your priorities straight..

    As I Am sure you would have been cheering on Liverpool had the roles been reversed. I will support any British club in Europe except Utd and Chelski.

    I was gutted when Rangers lost the UEFA last year.
  • groundy
    groundy Registered Posts: 495 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Rachey wrote: »

    ... i am a Wigan Athletic supporter .....

    Not a fan of the team but its a great place for a night on the town.:thumbup1:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    ref was horrible should of been at least 3 peno's and the sending off wasnt ...but must say that ballack should be banned for a while for what he did to the ref and drogba too "!
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I genuinely thought Ballack was going to hit the ref at one point!
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    For now, I'll just be happy to play Newcastle next season
    Assuming that Milwall and Leeds aren't just piles of burned-out ruins after the play-off matches :huh:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    now that would of been worth seeing........de canio all over again !
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    CJC wrote: »
    Assuming that Milwall and Leeds aren't just piles of burned-out ruins after the play-off matches :huh:

    The Leeds lot live in those ruins already, a bit of fire damage would do them the world good
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Anyway, England are really giving it to the Windies at the moment so who cares about football?
  • SeanyBoy
    SeanyBoy Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    CJC wrote: »
    Anyway, England are really giving it to the Windies at the moment so who cares about football?

    :ohmy: WHO CARES ABOUT FOOTBALL?

    you must be a badminton player to come out with such a comment.. i have listed some suitable sports for you to play..

    -badminton
    -bowls
    -netball
    -cricket
    -ping pong
    -grass hockey

    these may be better suited to someone of such fine sporting taste as yourself CJC..
Privacy Policy