Unit 6 December 2008.

Options
Mikeyabosbht
Mikeyabosbht Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
Guys,

I have been trawling through each Unit 6 exam paper, year on year, all the way back to 2003 and have just come face to face with the December 2008 paper.

Has there been a change of examiner for this paper? It's just that it seems that there is a major difficulty spike with this paper i.e. eye wateringly hard, and previous papers just seemed a lot easier/reasonable. I'm guessing ludicrously high-pass rates on previous papers?

Haha! I hope this does not set the trend for the June 2009 ECR paper!

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Guys,

I have been trawling through each Unit 6 exam paper, year on year, all the way back to 2003 and have just come face to face with the December 2008 paper.

Has there been a change of examiner for this paper? It's just that it seems that there is a major difficulty spike with this paper i.e. eye wateringly hard, and previous papers just seemed a lot easier/reasonable. I'm guessing ludicrously high-pass rates on previous papers?

Haha! I hope this does not set the trend for the June 2009 ECR paper!

just looking at that very same paper it defo looks tough
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Unfortunately that was the paper i took, and yes well spotted, it was a change in examiner!!! Expect this style for yours, make sure you do exercises from the book rather than just past papers.

Good Luck!! :thumbup1:
  • Mikeyabosbht
    Mikeyabosbht Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    The thing is, there was this whole furore regarding the EOQ, but to be honest, you know, it was in the revision book, so you can't complain.

My beef was with the whole relevant and irrelevant question, which is completely omitted from my revison book and the sales discount question, where a 10% discount was deducted from miles flown in excess of 5000 miles.

They just seem sort of plucked out of obscurity. If they are going to hit me with randomness they have to lower the pass rate %.

Im going thru the AAT mag and there is an article on Group Bonus schemes and Piecework payment systems. So, maybe, there will be a written question or mathematical question regarding this, or maybe it is a red herring?
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    The thing is, there was this whole furore regarding the EOQ, but to be honest, you know, it was in the revision book, so you can't complain.

My beef was with the whole relevant and irrelevant question, which is completely omitted from my revison book and the sales discount question, where a 10% discount was deducted from miles flown in excess of 5000 miles.

They just seem sort of plucked out of obscurity. If they are going to hit me with randomness they have to lower the pass rate %.

Im going thru the AAT mag and there is an article on Group Bonus schemes and Piecework payment systems. So, maybe, there will be a written question or mathematical question regarding this, or maybe it is a red herring?

Mine too. I completely guessed at the irrelevant cost question, then had to google it when i got home as i couldnt find it in the book!! :thumbdown:
Privacy Policy