Question on Steves book

Barry
Barry Registered Posts: 101 Dedicated contributor 🦉
On page 71 can you explain where the 0.9833 figure comes from in the earnings for share calculation?

Thank you.

Comments

• Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

This is the theoretical ex-rights price (see page 72 for the working). You won't need to do this at DFS level so don't worry about how to calculate it.

Incidentally has your tuition provider given you a copy of the examinable standards (the syllabus) for DFS? You need to be working from that because there is a danger that you might be studying areas of financial reporting that are not, in fact, examinable (e.g. calculation of the theoretical ex-rights price of shares).

Regards

Steve
  • Barry
    Barry Registered Posts: 101 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Steve

Thanks for replying and clarifing that for me. Our tutor hasn't given us the syllabus because he is worse than useless.

Do you have any tips for the exam in June -like what is going to come up?
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi,

You need to download the Unit 11 guidance which you should work with so you gain a thorough and comprehensive coverage of the syllabus.

In terms of tips - I don't believe in them and so do not promote them. My advice is to do lots of question practise ensuring you cover the syllabus sufficiently. This will improve your likelihood of passing DFS.

Regards
    Steve
Privacy Policy