Practice exam: Twistweave Unit 6

Options
Esme
Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
Twistweave has four departments, Production, Stores, Administration and Sales. When asked to allocate and apportion fixed overheads, would 'other administration overheads' be allocated equally to all four cost centres, or the full cost apportioned to Administration?

Comments

• Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I haven't looked at the question, but I'd be inclined to allocate 'other administration overheads' to Administration rather than apportion them between all four departments. But I would also include a note to that effect. You usually do have a column where you state the basis of your allocation or apportionment.

(ps- you have the words allocate and apportion the wrong way around in your post: apportion means 'to allocate proportionately')
  • Esme
    Options
    Oh yeah, silly me!

I will allocate the whole cost to admin.. thanks!
  • Esme
    Options
    Does anyone know how to calcualte the cost of direct materials for Task 1.5? Would it be from the stock record card, opening stock (61,000) plus receipts (131,000) less closing stock (70,000) = 61,000?
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    The opening stock + receipts - closing stock is arithmetically fine, as that should = issues
    I'd tend to add up the issues column instead
    (In my version there isn't an opening stock value)

.+£41,000
    + £41,600
    + £15,400
    + £58,000
    = £156,000
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Esme
    Options
    Ok, simpler than I thought! thank you!