How many....

Options
LondonMatt
LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
....paper towels does it take to dry your hands? I use at least 5, sometimes 6, but I've seen people just use 2!

Are these people not washing their hands enough, or walking out with wet hands???

P.S
I've just realised that my last two threads have been about the EU elections and classical music....not exactly my signature themes....

So, I've decided to start a real thread.

Comments

• Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I can do it in 2!!

Have I won something?
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    As many as it takes usually...two or three are generally enough to get them dry

Anyway, I'd rather have paper towels those bloody hot-air driers. Am I the only one who gets bored after a few minutes and ends-up wiping not-quite-dry hands on trousers?
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    I hate those dryers, especially in the summer. Standing there for 5 minutes under a blazing heater justs roasts you.

At Gatwick they have cold air dryers. They just blow air at your hands at very high pressure. Makes your skin go funny, but that is the way forward I think.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    You should try the 'extreme' driers I used at some service station or other a few months ago. You put your wet hands through the top but touch the metal sides and not only will your hands be dry but you'll probably also end up with third degree burns.

In our obsessive health and safety environment, I'm surprised they've slipped through; you'd probably be safer drying your hands on a f*cking iron...
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Now you've excited me blobby - have you seen the Dyson blade hand driers - they're great!!
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I used one of those cold air dryers, I chuckled for ages as your skin really does look weird, it's even funnier when you turn the nozzle round and nearly blow your face off!!!

As for paper towels I use around 6.

On a slightly sidewards note I remember when I was in the infant school, we had a sign that said to only use 2 sheets, I remember wondering how on earth anyone could could go to the loo and use only 2 small pieces of tissue, I didn't realise it referred to the paper towels for drying hands on!!!:lol:
  • Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    got those Dyson Air Blades in a couple of my offices - though theres no air dryers in any of the building im moving to next week.... i'll have to perfect my technique, but i can usually get it done in 3 ir 4 - i have done it in 2 on the odd occasion, but the in between of fingers are still a little damp.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    am i the only person impressed that matt washes his hands.

Hey robert them things are ace no drying your hands on your pants after :lol::lol::lol:(hey at least i admit it)
  • jkc
    jkc Registered Posts: 166 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    2 does it, think of the trees.
  • eleuthera
    eleuthera Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    The "Xlerator" is what I call an extreme hand drier. It is so powerful it distorts you skin like being on one of those high gee aircraft simulators.
    Here is a clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87h1mn6Xkn4
    (hope that is allowed)
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I love this comment on that YouTube video...
    the dyson ariblade is better but this is still WICKED FUNο»Ώ
    How sad is that?
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    well i have to say how packed the place is were i am washing my hands....

if its packed then i dont even have to dry my hands........just push your way through the crowd drying your hands on the way(so funny)

if empty thou......use blower !!!
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    CJC wrote: Β»
    I love this comment on that YouTube video...

How sad is that?

We are talking about drying hands !

Anyways back to the question...

Give me a good ole fashion towel any day
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Now you've excited me blobby - have you seen the Dyson blade hand driers - they're great!!

They have those in sainsburys! I think I must do it wrong because my hands are never dry afterwards :confused1:

It's funny watching people who haven't seen one before just look at it curiously then walk out with wet hands
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    am i the only person impressed that matt washes his hands.

Every Friday :thumbup1:
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    The lots-of-not-that-warm air are much better than the not-much-very-hot-air type. Then again, I did learn some time ago not to pee on my hands... :001_tt2:
Privacy Policy