software Email

Options
Esme
Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Did anyone else receive a spam email about updating software? I noticed that many of the other recepients were aat related and find this a bit worrying!!

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Esme wrote: ยป
    Did anyone else receive a spam email about updating software? I noticed that many of the other recepients were aat related and find this a bit worrying!!

? which software:confused1:
  • Esme
    Options
    It just said

Hi,

Update with new information technology

http://www.compsoft-krishantha.blogspot.com/

But was sent to loads of people including aat admissions, I don't know how they have access to my email address?
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    It just said

Hi,

Update with new information technology

http://www.compsoft-krishantha.blogspot.com/

But was sent to loads of people including aat admissions, I don't know how they have access to my email address?

I have recently experienced a lot of spam on my email system, this only started after there had been a lot of spam on the forum regarding pills etc and the emails I recieved reflected the same material...sometimes I was recieving up to 16 a day...I have sorted this now but I do think there is definatly a link between the two....

So every please take care !!!!
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I have recently experienced a lot of spam on my email system, this only started after there had been a lot of spam on the forum regarding pills etc and the emails I received reflected the same material...sometimes I was receiving up to 16 a day...I have sorted this now but I do think there is definitely a link between the two....

So every please take care !!!!

It's quite possible for spammers to just harvest addresses from any site. If you've ever put your email in a post (or anywhere really) it may end up on a spammers mailing list. I assume there are ways to make this difficult for spammers but I've not really looked into it. The lesson, though, is don't put your email address where anyone can see it.

Either by luck or judgement, I get very little spam making it through to my main accounts. As well as the usual spam protection, I keep a couple of 'dummy' hotmail accounts to use if I need to give an email when I'm not sure about a site's privacy policy or security. These catch most of the spam and keep it where it won't bother me.
  • Esme
    Options
    Thanks.. I did post my email address on here so that is probably why! I really hope it doesn't happen too often as it is my work email! I won't be posting it publically again!
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Thanks.. I did post my email address on here so that is probably why! I really hope it doesn't happen too often as it is my work email! I won't be posting it publically again!

in you e mail settings you can block whoever sent it to you or mark it as junk e mail...most e mail accounts have a white mail setting too

:001_smile:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    never open or click anything that you dont know ??

its quite simple !
Privacy Policy