Accruals

jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
On a Practice Exam I did you had to do a Journal Entry for £400 for General Expenses that had been debited to Accruals and credited to General Expenses incorrectly. I got the journal entry correct but when it came to calculating the total General Expenses I only added £400 to the total as this is the amount that shouldave been debited to G.E in the first instance.

It shouldave been £400 + £400 I added. I dont get this as this surely means we are adding £800 to General Expenses instead of £400?:confused1:

Comments

• rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    jewels.p wrote: »
    On a Practice Exam I did you had to do a Journal Entry for £400 for General Expenses that had been debited to Accruals and credited to General Expenses incorrectly. I got the journal entry correct but when it came to calculating the total General Expenses I only added £400 to the total as this is the amount that shouldave been debited to G.E in the first instance.

It shouldave been £400 + £400 I added. I dont get this as this surely means we are adding £800 to General Expenses instead of £400?:confused1:

this is because it had been credited in the first place.
    you have to debit the amount to make it how it was to begin with (before the amount was credited) and then the original transaction of debiting it...there fore you debit 800 in total..
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    rachy1975 wrote: »
    this is because it had been credited in the first place.
    you have to debit the amount to make it how it was to begin with (before the amount was credited) and then the original transaction of debiting it...there fore you debit 800 in total..

So it was!:blushing: I knew that! All this studying must be melting my brain lol
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    haha i know how you feel....:001_tt2:
Privacy Policy