Charity Accounts Audit - Northampton

Jo Wade
Jo Wade Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
I am acting as Treasurer for my local charity run pre-school. My understanding is that these account do need to be audited for the pre-school to retain it charitable status - Does anyone know the rules on this?

Also and the main question could anyone recommend someone to carry out the audit or anyone who does preferential rates for charities?? Being a charity we need to do this in the most cost-effective way possible.

Thanks

Comments

• Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I believe they just need a report of independent inspection which you can download from the charities website.

We have a pre school as a client and just fill out that independent inspection report and sign it as xxxxxx MAAT. It hasn't been rejected yet and we've done their accounts for the last 5 years.
  • paulb
    paulb Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi Jo. I work full-time as an MIP but I am also the Treasurer of my local pre-school nursery in a voluntary capacity. The nursery is a registered charity but also a Ltd Co. A pre-school will definitely not need an audit as such, but will need to comply with the Charity Commission regulations on whether it needs any external scrutiny in the form of an Independent Examination, depending on the levels of income etc. By the way, I also act as an Independent Examiner and would be happy to liaise with you privately if you need someone to fulfil this role for your pre-school.
Privacy Policy