Don

Comments

• T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Yes, basically.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    And how much do people on here generally charge for completing these forms?
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    Don Juan wrote: »
    And how much do people on here generally charge for completing these forms?

That question is basically 'how long is a piece of string?'

There are so many factors to consider that you cant put a set price on each.
    We all probably have an idea of what we would expect to be reasonable but there are many factors to consider. An initial meeting to get an idea of the client and how much they understand and the likely quality of records is really a must.

Some things to consider are:-

Sources of income for individual - interest, dividends, employed, self employed and any capital gains?

For each business (sole trader, partnership, Ltd Co) - level of turnover, volume of transactions, level of work to undertake i.e. incomplete records or from clients own bookkeeping), quality of clients record keeping, risk factors, complexity of business, etc

As you can see there is so much to consider it is not possible to just say £x for this and £x for that.

Basically you need to judge from experience how long it might take and multiply this by a desired charge out rate. Then add an amount on for high levels of risk if necessary. You can also check last years account for the previous accountants charge for a guide.

Hope all this helps and sorry that there is no simple answer.
    Regards,

Burg
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    burg wrote: »
    That question is basically 'how long is a piece of string?'

There are so many factors to consider that you cant put a set price on each.
    We all probably have an idea of what we would expect to be reasonable but there are many factors to consider. An initial meeting to get an idea of the client and how much they understand and the likely quality of records is really a must.

Some things to consider are:-

Sources of income for individual - interest, dividends, employed, self employed and any capital gains?

For each business (sole trader, partnership, Ltd Co) - level of turnover, volume of transactions, level of work to undertake i.e. incomplete records or from clients own bookkeeping), quality of clients record keeping, risk factors, complexity of business, etc

As you can see there is so much to consider it is not possible to just say £x for this and £x for that.

Basically you need to judge from experience how long it might take and multiply this by a desired charge out rate. Then add an amount on for high levels of risk if necessary. You can also check last years account for the previous accountants charge for a guide.

Hope all this helps and sorry that there is no simple answer.

I meant just for the forms. On the basis that you have completed all the bookkeeping and prepared the accounts. Just the part for putting the figures on the form.
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    The price for completing the forms is often just built into my price for everything as this is minimal compared to the accounts work and tax comps.
    Regards,

Burg
Privacy Policy