PEV - how did you all find it....?

Options
lewpylew
lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I finished the paper in about 2 and a half hours and on the whole found it a nice paper, much easier than the ones from days of old that were really hard! Spent ages yesterday learning all the formulas for only a couple to come up. Know my operating statement was £30 out and messed up one ratio but can now forget about the paper til mid August.

Hope everyone else was ok? x :001_smile:

Comments

• block15
    block15 Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Thought it was a pretty fair paper. The only tricky part was part 1.3 which I wasn't quite sure what to do with as I didn't think the wording was great but apart from that, if I've failed I've only got myself to blame :laugh:
  • garry_coombs
    garry_coombs Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Feeling pretty good, just the last question on each section was a little tricky, but I think i've done it how they want it to be done, so feeling like i deserve to pass!!

Can't wait for 3 though!
  • dobbieobby
    dobbieobby Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Did everyone go for purchasing or leasing on the last question? I made the whole thing up as I really wasnt sure!
  • lala2009
    lala2009 Registered Posts: 95 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I agree the last questions on each section were killers! However the section 2 one I think I may have correct.... Cant wait to discuss answers- half an hour to go!!! :D
  • dobbieobby
    Options
    Oops, didnt know about the 3pm 'watershed' regarding discussing PEV. I'll be quiet until then!!
  • lewpylew
    lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Will be back on later as have a few niggles that I would like to see if people put the same as me!!! :cool2:
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I found it pretty straight forward except the very last sub question. Put an answer but not sure about it.
  • Flying Scarlet
    Flying Scarlet Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I mucked up my variances :-( Mind just went blank, think I got the first 2 by baktracking on the answer given to us but the rest were way out!
  • gingervicki
    gingervicki Registered Posts: 87 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    yeah i struggled with the last but 1 question in section2 - found section 1 a breeze. just hoping i got enough other stuff right to pass the paper.

nothing we can do now anyway except wait - so heres to waiting and roll on PCR on thursday!!

x
  • garry_coombs
    Options
    It's finally 3!!

the answers that I can remember are:
    2.2 £2400 increase and 80%

2.3 It should be bought

Cost Card I got 16900.

thats all I can remember though, maybe I'll see some more as the day goes on!!

Edited btw.
  • lala2009
    Options
    What was the 16900 for? I got 80% for return on assets :) and purchase due to saving of 51840? :)
  • Hayley
    Hayley Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi, I got the same as you for 2.2. And 2.3 should be bought. Did you put the first £125k for lease payment in Year 0 rather than Year 1? I did thinking that this is where it should sit with being paid in advance but having doubts now!
  • garry_coombs
    Options
    oh sorry maybe not for that question then, I'll edit it actually, the 16900 was for the cost card in section 1, not sure why i mixed that up, 2400 increase in profit.

I can't tottally remember the saving, but want to say that i had over 200k, but not sure at all.
  • Pencil
    Pencil Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I put my £125,000 in year 0 too, with it being paid in advance it should go here.

I'm confused with £16,900 what was that figure for??
  • hfadkins19
    hfadkins19 Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    i got 16900 for the answer to the standard cost card in section 1. 80% in the return on the additional investment in section 2 and my recommendation was to buy the machines as the saving was 51k something or other.
  • dobbieobby
    Options
    I put £125k in the year 0 too, and didnt put it in year 5 as it had finished by then, was that right? My cost card came to £27200... Gulp!!!
  • lala2009
    Options
    Yep my 125,000 was in year 0. And 2400 profit increase. But think the cost was wrong cos had something like 151,000?
  • Ash1711
    Ash1711 Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hayley wrote: »
    Hi, I got the same as you for 2.2. And 2.3 should be bought. Did you put the first £125k for lease payment in Year 0 rather than Year 1? I did thinking that this is where it should sit with being paid in advance but having doubts now!

yea i put it in year 0, and was the purchase meant to be in year 0?
  • garry_coombs
    Options
    for Leasing I put 125k in year 0, 165k for the years 1-4 and 40k in year 5, but wasn't totally sure if the running costs would still be there in leasing, wrote a note to say I was assuming it was still there.
  • George Tse
    George Tse Registered Posts: 241 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    yep i put inj year 0 and nothing in year 5 and they should go for purchase i cant remember how much saving tho /....
  • Ash1711
    Options
    what about the future contact? with the seasonal variances?

i worked out that it would cost an extra £18000 to take out the contract.
  • Hayley
    Options
    Ash1711 wrote: »
    yea i put it in year 0, and was the purchase meant to be in year 0?

Yep, I put the purchase in Year 0 too
  • Byrnie
    Byrnie Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    can any1 tell me which index number they used - the trend or the seasonally adjusted ones?
    I got 169000. Also got 80% & went for purchase as it was 51680 cheaper. Feeling more confident now as at least if I'm wrong, I'm wrong in company!!
  • jay cutler
    jay cutler Registered Posts: 57 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options

Got exactly the same. Also for section 2 £2.4m profit increase and NPC of leasing was approx double the purchase option.
  • Tarynmahon
    Tarynmahon Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Indexing?

I had a complete blank for the indexing task 1.3, and ended up leaving it blank, what did it want to know, and how did you work it out?

I thought the rest was ok though
  • Ash1711
    Options
    Byrnie wrote: »
    can any1 tell me which index number they used - the trend or the seasonally adjusted ones?
    I got 169000. Also got 80% & went for purchase as it was 51680 cheaper. Feeling more confident now as at least if I'm wrong, I'm wrong in company!!

use the seasonally adjusted index. what about everyone else?
  • garry_coombs
    Options
    Byrnie wrote: »

I used seasonally adjusted, I thought the question was written fairly oddly, so I wrote a note about it!!
  • Hayley
    Options

Yeh, that sounds like what I put. The indexed costs were, I think:

1200 x 126/105 £1440 x 100 tonnes £144,000
    1200 x 119/105 £1360 x 100 tonnes £136,000
    1200 x 133/105 £1520 x 100 tonnes £152,000

Total £432,000

If contracted £150,000 x 3 £450,000....extra £18k
  • dobbieobby
    Options
    I did £1200 / 105 (Mays index) x current index.
  • Mathew_Hill
    Mathew_Hill Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi Byrnie

I used seasonally adjusted.

This all added up to 4320 tonnes giving a saving of 180 tonnes over the contract
Privacy Policy