DFS - Notes to the Balance Sheet

Options
CelticStar
CelticStar Registered Posts: 142 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Just wondering what fellow DFSers think about learning the items that have to been shown either on the face of the balance sheet/income statement/statement of changes in equity or in the notes. I've learnt them all but have only seen one exam where I have been asked to include a note to the balance sheet and that was about final dividends. I wonder why they don't test these more - not that I want them to, but it seems a bit weird.

Comments

• Flipflop
    Flipflop Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Now you have said that it will definately be in the exam!
  • CJE
    CJE Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    What exam have you seen this in?
  • CJE
    CJE Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    What exam have you seen this in?
  • mi|kshake
    mi|kshake Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I've never noticed this in an exam either - I've done the past papers working back to June 07. Tbh honest kinda forgot they existed at one point and was wondering why there was so much emphasis on them in the text book. Never really understood it then lol.
    Now you have said that it will definately be in the exam!

So true!

mi|kshake~
  • CelticStar
    CelticStar Registered Posts: 142 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Lol - you're all probably right and now they will come up, sorry everyone! Can't remember which exam it was - actually, come to think of it, it could have been an exam type question in the Osborne workbook.
  • cs_1988
    cs_1988 Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I read from a lecturer, if they do ask for a note, which they probably wont, use common sense. I.e. This is how Fixed Assets are made up.....cost, less depreciation = nbv, list the figures, no need to worry!
Privacy Policy