IAC done !!

Options
steveJ
steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
Finally done the IAC today at the London SAM. Weren't as bad as I thought...Thought I had well enough time 3 n half hours, but after checking (and re-writing everything in pen after I wrote in pencil...just to be careful!!lol) I ended up with about 30 minutes left !!

Anyone else do the IAC today ?

Also please note - Never write too much in pencil. What a waste of time!!! Lol

Comments

• rehana
    rehana Registered Posts: 61 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I sat PLB and it was good ,finished in an hour and a half
  • sharonj
    sharonj Registered Posts: 166 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hi

I sat the IAC today at the London SAM too. I found the first part of the paper fine but thought some of the questions in the second part were a bit tricky, especially the one about a retail business and the wages and salaries control account. Am convinced I got these wrong. I've done loads of past papers but actually found the second part of this exam harder than any of the practice ones I've done before. Wonder if anyone else found this too. Oh well, it's done now...
  • steveJ
    Options
    sharonj wrote: Β»
    Hi

I sat the IAC today at the London SAM too. I found the first part of the paper fine but thought some of the questions in the second part were a bit tricky, especially the one about a retail business and the wages and salaries control account. Am convinced I got these wrong. I've done loads of past papers but actually found the second part of this exam harder than any of the practice ones I've done before. Wonder if anyone else found this too. Oh well, it's done now...

Hey what desk no was you ?

Luckily enough I was readin through my passcards on the way up there and focused on wages and salries control...phew..lol.

What part are you getting on with now?
  • sharonj
    Options
    I was desk no 61. I think I put the right answer originally as I put a 0, then I changed it to be the net figure paid to employees.....should have stuck with the original answer. The problem is I kept going back and checking my answers, the more I did that the more I doubted what I'd written. Had to leave in the end before I started changing any more answers...
  • steveJ
    Options
    I was desk no. 62 !!! I was 3rd table from front...

With the wages and salaries account I did a t-account on the bottom of the page to work out the balance. If its wrong hopefully that will help..lol.

So what are you moving onto now ? Unit 31 ? I've heard we will get our results by about august 17.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    steveJ wrote: Β»
    Finally done the IAC today at the London SAM. Weren't as bad as I thought...Thought I had well enough time 3 n half hours, but after checking (and re-writing everything in pen after I wrote in pencil...just to be careful!!lol) I ended up with about 30 minutes left !!

Anyone else do the IAC today ?

Also please note - Never write too much in pencil. What a waste of time!!! Lol

I am sitting the FRA today and was gonna write in Pencil and then write over it in Pen but you've put me off now!:laugh:
  • claireg
    claireg Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I put a 0 for the last question on the wages one. Not sure if its right, felt like a trick one somehow!
  • sharonj
    Options
    Steve

I think you were sitting in the row in front of me. Were you sitting next to a black bloke in a suit who arrived late? I was sitting in the row behind next to the window. I was so glad about that as that room was blimmin baking!

I am going to be starting unit 31 now. I've got to stop worrying about whether I've passed unit 30 and just concentrate on the computerised accts.

Who are you studying your course with? I am studying with premier training at home. I quite like it but do miss being able to chat to other people doing the same course, especially felt like that yesterday after the exam, just think I needed some reassurance, I was so nervous.
  • sharonj
    Options
    Clare

I think you were right to put 0 on the wages and salaries question. I put that first of all and then when I checked throughh my answers at the end I changed it to the net figure owed to the employees as I thought it was a bit of a trick question. I already spoke to my tutor about a couple of the questions yesterday as I don't like the way they word them. It's almost like they're egging you on to make a mistake. It made me doubt myself and put something else. Oh well, I can't change it now, just wish I could stop thinking about it. It's been bugging me...
  • steveJ
    Options
    Yeah thats it. I was sitting on the end. I was baking first of all, but cooled down after a while. I was the same, really wanted to talk to someone about it afterwards.

I keep wondering about certain answers but im sure i passed (hey, check the confidence.lol)

Im studying with premier training from home aswell. Ive found them good so far.

Hey, are you working in accounts anywhere ?
  • sharonj
    Options
    No, I don't work in accounts at the moment. I work in banking, I've done that ever since I left school. It's only recently that I decided to study the aat so that I could do peoples books from home. I'm hoping to eventually study for the ACCA but who knows if I'll ever get there. May well just stick with having done the aat. How about you, do you work in accounts?

So you reckon you've already passed then do you?? lol I better pass that exam, I felt so good about it till I actually sat it, then I just felt crap. So have you started unit 31 yet?
  • steveJ
    Options
    No I work for fords in dagenham on the production line (good money, but mind numbing, boring work) there's a couple of jobs comin up in the offices so will definately be going for them.

Yeah I think I did alright in the exam. Felt good about a lot of the questions.

I've already read through the unit 31 book a while ago but will proper concentrate on it now! Don't like the look of index no's, profit ratios etc...

what I'm aiming to do is to go onto the ACCA make it into one of the top 4 in London and hopefully then after, open my own practice...way way into the future !! Lol.

What about you . How far do you wanna go with it ?
  • sharonj
    Options
    I just want to do as well as I can until I run out of brain power and can physically do no more.

I've been working up town for about 15 years now. I've got two kids now and really don't want to travel up town until I'm 65 so hoping to become self employed one day and work where I want when I want. I just want to be the boss.
  • reddevil68
    reddevil68 Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    You need to get a Frixion pen, they've got a rubber on the end so you can erase any mistakes.
  • steveJ
    Options
    You need to get a Frixion pen, they've got a rubber on the end so you can erase any mistakes.

Well said that man ! I remember them from school ! Add that to pencil case. Lol
Privacy Policy