dec 08 dfs

Options
Tamara
Tamara Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
hey guys im doing the dec08 paper,and i always get stuck at this bit.task 1.3 attributable to holding company the fig of £8,000 seem to have worked all else except this.any help please will b appreciated.

Comments

• Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Tamara wrote: »
    hey guys im doing the dec08 paper,and i always get stuck at this bit.task 1.3 attributable to holding company the fig of £8,000 seem to have worked all else except this.any help please will b appreciated.

there is no 8000£ in the solution, which amount do you mean?
  • block15
    block15 Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    The £8000 that is 66% of the Share Capitial ?
  • Londina
    Options
    and what about? what is the problem?
  • Flipflop
    Flipflop Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Just had the same problem, all my answers were wrong due to % being incorrect, no idea what % they used! No idea?? I always do amount of shares bought divided by the amount of shares owned by subsidiary but this was weird???
  • Londina
    Options
    From Chief Assessor:

Task 1.3
    This task involved preparing a consolidated balance sheet using the pro-forma in accordance with IAS 1. This task was, in general, very well done, though the fact that ownership was based on the parent having 2/3 of the voting shares led to many different variations being given in the answers (66%,67%, 66.66%, and so on). All these variations were given full credit. I

every rounding is fine!:thumbup1:
  • Flipflop
    Flipflop Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Thank goodness, starting to freeeeeeeaaaak!
  • Tamara
    Tamara Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    dfs 08

thank heavens for that i also thought i was going looney finally got it.thanx.good luck 2moro if u guys r doing dfs....:thumbup:
Privacy Policy