fra disaster

Options
angcr
angcr Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
fra disaster

I didn't balance my first trial balance but put a suspense in for that. Then couldn't balance my BS in section 2, moved on to the following questions with the intention of going back to try to balance it but ran out of time and couldn't even put a suspense in to balance! I cried all night after the exam,

in the end i just used my profit figure although incorrect and went on to construct the balance sheet which i did in the correct format i with order of liquidity and also did the current and capital account and goodwill

does anyone else feel like me?
really gutted:lol:

Comments

• AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    A lot of people have posted the same, have a look in the Intermediate section.

You only lose a mark once for one wrong answer, so if you carried forward the wrong profit to the appopriation accounts etc you would only loose one mark.. don't be so hard on yourself.
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    You put in a suspense account to balance your TB, that will get you some points. And you completed your Balance sheet, whether it was with the correct figures, you are showing that you are capable of constructing one.

Please don't be so hard on yourself. None of us really know how we did, we're all just guessing, it's natural to feel you did worse than you actually did. Try and put it behind you no point worrying until the results, and you never know you may be pleasantly surprised.

Which unit are you studying for next?
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    While it sounds flippant to say this Angcr, there's literally nothing you can do about this now. Of course, you're going to be down for a few days but this isn't the end of life as you know it. You'll find out in two months how you did and that time will soon fly past even though it currently seems an age away.

You may surprise yourself by passing - you wouldn't be the first. If you haven't, well, mope about it for a few hours by all means (you'd be entitled to) but then address the issues where you fell down on and draw your future plans from that.

As far as DFS goes, I wouldn't advise anyone taking it without FRA completed first since the difficulty level ramps up again as it did from PLB to FRA. If you attend college this may not be an option but for home study, don't run before you can walk. Completing AAT is not a race. At this stage, you should be able to plan personally as well as professionally, and a confidence bashing, money wasting double failure would show a clear weakness in that ability.
  • joerd84
    joerd84 Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Although its ideal for you to get a task to balance and all, dont be completely downhearted if it doesn't. Even if it's not too close you could've made a simple error and the examiner will pick up on this as long as you've shown your workings. Remember they're looking for competence in the section, not a 21st century rainman. Just relax until the results come through.
  • angcr
    Options
    blobbyh wrote: Β»
    While it sounds flippant to say this Angcr, there's literally nothing you can do about this now. Of course, you're going to be down for a few days but this isn't the end of life as you know it. You'll find out in two months how you did and that time will soon fly past even though it currently seems an age away.

You may surprise yourself by passing - you wouldn't be the first. If you haven't, well, mope about it for a few hours by all means (you'd be entitled to) but then address the issues where you fell down on and draw your future plans from that.

As far as DFS goes, I wouldn't advise anyone taking it without FRA completed first since the difficulty level ramps up again as it did from PLB to FRA. If you attend college this may not be an option but for home study, don't run before you can walk. Completing AAT is not a race. At this stage, you should be able to plan personally as well as professionally, and a confidence bashing, money wasting double failure would show a clear weakness in that ability.
    robert

yes it was flippant and if you read my post correctly you would see that i asked for replies for anyone feeling like me

clearly this does not include you!

i also did not ask for advice on whether to continue or not my tutor has already informed me i am more than capable of continuing

i have no intention of undergoing a money wasting double failure and havent got a weak bone in my body

if you read the forum posts more people feel bad than good which counts for something

finally as your response would indicate you have trouble reading questions see my last quote

best regards angcr
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    While I was trying to offer some essence of support for your situation, you have clearly chosen to misinterpret this. If you want to continue bleating your way across several FRA threads, endlessly posting the same comments, then I guess I really should have left you alone to do this.

Accountancy is a tough, demanding profession. Are you quite sure you're up to it?
  • angcr
    Options
    yes you should

and am more than up to it it is also a profession that listens to people maybe you are not up to it

regards
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Why do you think it doesnt matter if you fail as long as others have? It doesnt count for anything what other people think. This forum is not representative of everyone who sat the exam. Your post seems to suggest that although you may not have a weak bone in your body you may have some insecure ones?

I think you should be careful on here, as you could end up upsetting some of the people who make valuable contributions to students who are trying to learn, and when - sorry if - you come to do your FRA resit you may need some of those people.
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Angcr I totally sympathise with you.

I for one know how you feel, but there is always the chance you may suprise yourself.

:001_smile:
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Try and put your worries aside, if you can. A lot of very able students think they have done a lot worse than they really have, maybe because they expect so much more of themselves.

No doubt lots of candidates in an exam make errors and still produce really good papers that pass the examiners' standards easily.

I feel that if your tutor thinks you are capable of progression to Technician level, then you are the type of student that will pass FRA.

Be confident, you are successful to get this far and still have the drive to complete the next level. You sound, to me, like a student with very high standards and I think the examiners will see this in your paper.

Best of luck!
Privacy Policy