Advice needed!

Arina
Arina Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
Has anyone done unit 31 by purchasing only the books and not the whole package for the unit 31 which is quite expensive? Will I have trouble arranging the skills test? Are there any other pitfalls? Thank you!

PS I am currently with BPP

Comments

• NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

You could contact BPP and see if they (still) do the skills assessment as a seperate purchase. They used to be it was around the £60 mark, I think.

Most colleges will only do skills assessments if you enrole for the entire unit with them, which can cost around £100 to £150.

Neil
  • Arina
    Thank you! I'll call BPP! Unit 31 cost about £260 (if I understand them right it is becouse this includes software needed for this unit), so it would be good if they agree for payment just for test.
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    When I did Unit 31 in December with BPP the software they used was a free download of Simplybooks from the internet, yet their course companion is based on Sage.

From what I believe, most other study providers will provide you with a copy of Sage for the Unit. As Sage tends to be the package most accountants use I would advise using another provider for Unit 31
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    ...I would advise using another provider for Unit 31

Hi

Try Premier Training. They dont advertise a unit by unit course on their website, but I did Implementing Auditing Procedures with them.

Neil
  • Arina
    I called Premier Training and yes, they can do unit 31 on its own. Still a bit expensive, but at the moment they are the best-most convenient option.
    Thanks for help.
Privacy Policy