Unbelievable

Options
Paul24
Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
I am trying to put some accounts together for a closed branch, so started trying to find the cashbook, amongst the other incomplete records. I assumed this would be in Excel (optimistic) or Lotus (more realistic)

However, someone has just come in and dropped their cash book with me. Its a gigantic red 'collins cathedral' folder, with all hand written transactions!!

Welcome to the new millennium.

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Paul24 wrote: ยป
    I am trying to put some accounts together for a closed branch, so started trying to find the cashbook, amongst the other incomplete records. I assumed this would be in Excel (optimistic) or Lotus (more realistic)

However, someone has just come in and dropped their cash book with me. Its a gigantic red 'collins cathedral' folder, with all hand written transactions!!

Welcome to the new millennium.

gotta be better than a tesco bag with a million receipts in :lol:
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Yeah you should consider yourself lucky!
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Yeah I agree,

I am doing some "carrier bag" accounts at the moment, it's taken me a whole day to unfold all the receipts and put them into some kind of order - now I have loads of bank statements missing!!!!

Still it's keeping me busy! Good luck with yours!
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Have any of you ever seen the old military cashbooks that are bigger than the length of your desk? I have a client who's a sargeant and has been using the same one since 1981... 8 years before I was born!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Have any of you ever seen the old military cashbooks that are bigger than the length of your desk? I have a client who's a sargeant and has been using the same one since 1981... 8 years before I was born!

OMG Ive just relised your 3 years older than my daughter :lol:
  • AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    OMG Ive just relised your 3 years older than my daughter :lol:

Me and Gem - "We're the Young Ones".

Artist?
  • ema192
    ema192 Registered Posts: 107 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    my worst job of the month is trying to put the credit card reciepts in some kinda order! never mind a bag full of the horrible things ha!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    bloomin hell .did you want them to catergrise it all and make every very easy for you then......hey incomplete records ......try one of mine which i did where every(and i mean every) expense he paid out was in cash with no reciept !!! all in his head ????

no try and get that together ??
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options

we are updating our computer software at the mo and we are all working out of these in the mean time.

they are huge and you have to write really really small :crying:

Tracy
Privacy Policy