Michael Jackson gone...

2

Comments

  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415
    AdamR wrote: »
    Artists and Musicians/Composers tend to get "found" after they've died..

    Fair enough artists (of the graphical not musical kind) but can you give me a specific example of who you mean in the music biz?

    Two of the ones I mentioned - Hendrix and Cobain - probably didn't get many more fans post death than they already had before, however their legend endures with those they did have. Most legendary musicians seem to be on their way down when they carc it and might be rediscovered as a result of their demise but I can't think of too many on the way up.

    Errrr, Mark. JFK was pretty famous pre-death anyway (if you count politicians as being famous).
  • AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668
    Dear oh dear Robert, where's your education? I was thinking of composers from earlier centuries, sorry!:laugh:

    Then again as I don't to music exams anymore, it's no longer my subject. I'm assuming it's not yours either considering you like for metal or whatever you call the garbage...:tongue_smilie:
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694
    Michael Jackson has had such an impact-Some of his fans have actually killed themselves !! I think its 12 so far...check it out on google.
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553
    blobbyh wrote: »
    Don't you rather mean the difference between being merely famous in life and becoming immortal in death Adam? Marilyn Monroe. Jimi Hendrix. Kurt Cobain. Robbie Williams. Can't think of too many unknowns who've become famous in death other than a few mass murderers or serial killers...

    When did Robbie Williams die??:crying:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234
    When did Robbie Williams die??:crying:

    when he tried to conquer america !!!! nothing heard since !:tongue_smilie:
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553
    I believe he is in the process of making a new album. Hope it's better than Rudebox!!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415
    When did Robbie Williams die??:crying:

    Sorry F&F, bit of wishful thinking there, though Mark's answer was very very good...
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592
    Jeff Buckley! Eva Cassidy!!!

    I was trying to think of someone who only became famous post mortem.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234
    blobbyh wrote: »
    Sorry F&F, bit of wishful thinking there, though Mark's answer was very very good...

    wow .......im stunned.....praise from you blobbyh .....:tongue_smilie:

    only kidding !!!
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110
    Cullen wrote: »
    I was trying to think of someone who only became famous post mortem.

    Ian Curtis?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970
    OJ Simpsons wife - Ok that was a really bad joke
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110
    A-Vic wrote: »
    OJ Simpsons wife - Ok that was a really bad joke

    :laugh:

    How about Jesus? He only got famous after he died as well :001_rolleyes:

    And sales of his book soured after his death...
  • AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668
    Soured? Didn't realise it had a flavour...!

    Assuming you meant soared?!:laugh:

    Not strictly speaking true though - the Old Testament was around at the time as male Jews had to read from it when they came of age to be accepted as a member of the community.
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110
    AdamR wrote: »
    Soured? Didn't realise it had a flavour...!

    Assuming you meant soared?!:laugh:

    :blushing:

    AdamR wrote: »
    Not strictly speaking true though - the Old Testament was around at the time as male Jews had to read from it when they came of age to be accepted as a member of the community.

    Yeah, but it was Jesus' publishers idea to sell the testaments together, to entice people to buy his new fangled testament. You know, buy one religious book, get another free. Only later did people put them together....

    Oh, and they tried to do the same with the book of mormon.....but it wasn't as successful :001_rolleyes:
  • AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    Yeah, but it was Jesus' publishers idea to sell the two books together, to entice people to buy his book. You know, buy one religious book, get another free. Only later did people put them together....

    I would also like to point out that the New Testament doesn't just consist of the four Gospels - a lot of it relates to the disciples after Jesus passed away. So can you really call it his book?

    Hang on, sorry, he didn't die did he?! He was resurrected! How silly of me forgetting that fact..!:lol:
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110
    AdamR wrote: »
    I would also like to point out that the New Testament doesn't just consist of the four Gospels - a lot of it relates to the disciples after Jesus passed away. So can you really call it his book?

    Hang on, sorry, he didn't die did he?! He was resurrected! How silly of me forgetting that fact..!:lol:

    Yeah, you're right, the bible was ghost written by a collection of different writers.....but it's jesus' name on the cover, so it's his book.....:huh:.....you know, like Frankenstein.
  • AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    but it's jesus' name on the cover

    Where?!:confused1:
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110
    AdamR wrote: »
    Where?!:confused1:

    In small print...really, really, really small print....but it's there alright!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234
    well are you going to argue with jesus about it then ??
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110
    mark130273 wrote: »
    well are you going to argue with jesus about it then ??

    I would'nt....but my avatar would
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592
    You just love a good old fashioned argument, don't you?

    Be careful though, you could end up with the blood of innocent kittens on your hands, like that murdering so and so CJC.
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110
    Cullen wrote: »
    You just love a good old fashioned argument, don't you?

    Oh yes, and there is no more old fashioned an argument than Jesus vs Satan
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592
    Do you think their style of argument is a logical exchange of ideas in order to establish a mutual point or the mere automatic gainsaying of the other's stated opinion?

    (I pay a lot for a good argument, nothing for abuse though....)
  • AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    In small print...really, really, really small print....but it's there alright!

    And I know this is a duplicate of a previous post, but don't forget the writing on the inside cover:
    "To my darling Candy. All characters portrayed within this book are fictitous and any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental."
    :001_tongue:
  • mahdi87
    mahdi87 Registered Posts: 121 ? ? ?
    its SAD we lost the KING of POP!!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415
    mahdi87 wrote: »
    its SAD we lost the KING of POP!!

    The cause of Micheal's death is obvious. Chuck Norris.

    There can be only one king...
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110
    AdamR wrote: »
    And I know this is a duplicate of a previous post, but don't forget the writing on the inside cover:
    "To my darling Candy. All characters portrayed within this book are fictitous and any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental."
    :001_tongue:


    They have that exact same paragraph in the Harry Potter books - except bigger. They don't want it turning into a religious book as well :001_rolleyes:
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110
    blobbyh wrote: »
    The cause of Micheal's death is obvious. Chuck Norris.

    There can be only one king...

    That's why Charles has waited so long before off'ing his mother, he dosn't want Chuck Norris to come after him
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657
    I though R. White was the king of pop :confused1:
Privacy Policy