sage- bank reconcilation

meibaker
meibaker Registered Posts: 481 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
i am having so much trouble with sage!:thumbdown:
just can't understand how to work out bank reconciliation? even go through with the example, just don't understand. really confused,please please someone help me! thanks so much!

Comments

• ema192
    ema192 Registered Posts: 107 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hello,

Wat is it you cant understand? I have been using the bank rec on sage for years so perhaps can help.
    The basics is you put in the end date of the statement your are reconciling against. Then the amount , the statment reference.

All the transactions within this time period will then be displayed. The best way is to start on the right of your bank statment going through it individually highlighting on the sage rec the transactions, when you are happy you have highlighted the correct ones you can then press the button to transfer them into the box at the bottom of the page. Once you have highlighted everything included in your statement you should then have a nil balance in the difference box bottom right, you can also check by the totals of DR/CR side of the account.

Hope this helps in some way

Emma
  • meibaker
    hi, thanks for your reply, what i did is highlight on everything which are match with the statement, then click on match transaction, but the total isn't nil, where did i go wrong ? thanks
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    hi, thanks for your reply, what i did is highlight on everything which are match with the statement, then click on match transaction, but the total is nil, where did i go wrong ? thanks

??? isnt the total ment to be nil once you have matched the bank rec?
  • meibaker
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    ??? isnt the total ment to be nil once you have matched the bank rec?

it should be, but mine doesn't, not sure where did i go wrong
    :confused1:
  • meibaker
    sorry a vic, type wrong, my is not nil.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Then there is something wrong, are there any transactions missing?

You need to check the date of the last reconciliation and the last balance that was reconciled.

Also make sure you check that cheque amounts tally with the amount on the bank statement not just the cheque numbers.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Sorry was thinking the lower box to show all balances my bad
  • meibaker
    think i must miss out some detail as mine sales type A from trial balance is different to the one on the book. thanks for all ur help.
  • meibaker
    think i did it, thanks so so much for all your help. x
Privacy Policy