Excel Help....please

Cullen
Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
I don't know what I have done, but I am sure it's me.

You know at the bottom of an excel spread sheet there is a bar and if you highlight a few cells SUM= appears and shows the total value of the cells?

Well my whole bar has disappeared and I want it back! Apart from paying a ransom, has anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Click on View then status bar :)
  • Cullen
    God, you are good!!!!
  • AK002
    Thanks lol.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Did you also know that if you right click on the status bar you can also change the info it displays such as count, average, sum etc? You probably did but 'sum' still don't...
  • AK002
    Did you also know that if you right click on the status bar you can also change the info it displays such as count, average, sum etc? You probably did but 'sum' still don't...

That joke was 'average' ...

... I'll get me coat.. :blushing:
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Robert

Has the weather got to you? Making jokes! Stalking people on Facebook? Perhaps you'll even befriend me, again?
  • Pigpen
    Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Well bless my soul - I never knew I had a status bar - LOL - Thanks Cullen :thumbup:

Had no idea what you were talking about but I have now - You learn something new every day - Have been using excel for years but guess I have only ever scratched rhe surface of it

Maybe I should do a course ? ? . ..............
  • Cullen
    Yes a course!

I'm going to learn all about painting in watercolours.

Useless to improve my excel skills, but very therapeutic............
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    speaking about comps .anyone know how to change a PDF file back into a full jpeg file .....the pdf file has jpeg and words in it ,.so need the whole lot back into one complete jpeg picture ?
  • blobbyh
    Can't you just scan it as a jpeg, Mark, or have you tried that already? What exactly are you trying to do with it that you need it as an image?
  • mark130273
    Can't you just scan it as a jpeg, Mark, or have you tried that already? What exactly are you trying to do with it that you need it as an image?

but the scan wont come out as clear as if saved as jpeg ?
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    This would seem to be what you want.
  • mark130273
    cheer .will give it ago....
  • blobbyh
    There are some big words in there Mark, will you cope okay?
  • mark130273
    There are some big words in there Mark, will you cope okay?

oh no .,............dont think be able to cope with them long words.........

:crying::crying::crying::crying:
  • AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    It's alright Mark - you only need to read them, you don't have to come on here and prove you can spell them afterwards!:wink:

:001_tt2:
  • Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    You would lose picture quality saving as a JPEG from PNG or BMP if you opened in Paint to save as JPG/JPEG. Just a thought.
  • mark130273
    AdamR wrote: ยป
    It's alright Mark - you only need to read them, you don't have to come on here and prove you can spell them afterwards!:wink:

:001_tt2:

good ...cus i know i would spell them wrong anyway !
  • AK002
    For anyone that was looking for excel training

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/default.aspx

Seems a good place, have been recommended to have a look over it from my work, not had a chance yet tho..
  • mark130273
    dont want training . just a little answer to smal questions ?
  • Cullen
    Further excel issues.....

I have an excel hyperlink file which has links to the files I use a lot.

I was trying to put a password on a file, eventually succeeded and now if I have 2 excel files open, there is only one tab at the bottom of the screen. So when I close the file I was working on, the hyperlink file closes as well. This happens if I have 3 or 4 excel files open.

Secondly the worksheet tabs within the excel file have disappeared, so I can't move from one worksheet to another within the file.

What have I done? How do I fix it? Please help. Make it better. I don't like it when the man shouts at me, mummy........

(Look I always regress when under pressure. Everyone does it. I swear I saw Sandy Hood sucking his thumb once......)
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    why don't you post your excel questions here

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Excel experts are at hand to help you with any excel questions

good luck
  • blobbyh
    Cullen wrote: ยป
    I was trying to put a password on a file, eventually succeeded and now if I have 2 excel files open, there is only one tab at the bottom of the screen. So when I close the file I was working on, the hyperlink file closes as well. This happens if I have 3 or 4 excel files open.

Do you mean two versions of Excel open simultaneously only showing as one open tab? If so and just a quick thought but has the 'Group Similar taskbar buttons' somehow become ticked? Right click anywhere on the bottom bar, go to properties, about fifth from top on the list (Windows XP)?
Privacy Policy