Unit 10 (surprise Surprise) Executive Summary

Options
alicemaylara
alicemaylara Registered Posts: 259 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hey!
Struggling with this one...I hate this :(. This is what i have put so far but am i wrong/right/completely mad?!

This report was designed to analysis the current organisation of client information within the office environment of Peter Durbin and Company Limited. The main aims were to identify key areas where improvements needed to be made and detail recommendations which could be implemented to make these improvements. The weaknesses identified resulting in the recommendation of a paperless system being introduced. This will increase security, accuracy of filing, client satisfaction and efficiency within the company.

Comments

• AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Seems ok to me; I would however look at the grammar as follows:

This report was designed to analyse the current organisation of client information within the office environment of Peter Durbin and Company Limited. The main aims were to identify key areas where improvements needed to be made and to detail recommendations which could be implemented to make these improvements. The weaknesses identified resulted in the recommendation of a paperless system being introduced. This will increase security, accuracy of filing, client satisfaction and efficiency within the company.

Mine was (including the 2008 standards I mapped it to):
    1. PC 10.2 D
    RS 10.2 3.2
    KU 8

The purpose of this report was to review the current systems used by *&^%$£"!"£$%^&* to produce Fixed Asset Registers (FARs) and to recommend improvements where weaknesses were discovered. The key changes advised in this report are for the use of the Sage FAR program to be ceased immediately and in its place an Excel Template for FAR production should be implemented. Schedules currently produced by hand that have more than 20 assets should also be transferred to the computer system via the new template.

2. PC 10.2 D
    RS 10.2 3.2

Other issues with security of data and the computer system have been addressed; the main item stressed to the staff was that the policy of overwriting data to produce a new FAR in the old Excel system should be scrapped. Contingency planning for when the network is offline has also been introduced.

As you can see, not a whole load there and I had the second issue of security to deal with. It's not a big part - just ticks off some missing standards really!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    After viewing my statement of achievement online, a smile came across my face. Why? The date 01/07/09 appeared under the heading completed and alongside the words unit 10. That’s right all done. What a ball ache that project was.
  • alicemaylara
    alicemaylara Registered Posts: 259 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    AdamR wrote: »
    Seems ok to me; I would however look at the grammar as follows:

This report was designed to analyse the current organisation of client information within the office environment of Peter Durbin and Company Limited. The main aims were to identify key areas where improvements needed to be made and to detail recommendations which could be implemented to make these improvements. The weaknesses identified resulted in the recommendation of a paperless system being introduced. This will increase security, accuracy of filing, client satisfaction and efficiency within the company.

Mine was (including the 2008 standards I mapped it to):
    1. PC 10.2 D
    RS 10.2 3.2
    KU 8

The purpose of this report was to review the current systems used by *&^%$£"!"£$%^&* to produce Fixed Asset Registers (FARs) and to recommend improvements where weaknesses were discovered. The key changes advised in this report are for the use of the Sage FAR program to be ceased immediately and in its place an Excel Template for FAR production should be implemented. Schedules currently produced by hand that have more than 20 assets should also be transferred to the computer system via the new template.

2. PC 10.2 D
    RS 10.2 3.2

Other issues with security of data and the computer system have been addressed; the main item stressed to the staff was that the policy of overwriting data to produce a new FAR in the old Excel system should be scrapped. Contingency planning for when the network is offline has also been introduced.

As you can see, not a whole load there and I had the second issue of security to deal with. It's not a big part - just ticks off some missing standards really!

Ah yes my grammar is appalling my dad will check that one when I'm done!
    Thanks for taking the time to review it. I feel more confident that I am am writing along the right lines :)
Privacy Policy