Just to say hello and ask for advise please?

alex2009
alex2009 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hi everyone,
I am new member here and would like to say hello and big thanks to everyone who are making posts on this forum and answer questions.When I have lost my job in March, I started to think what to do next? (I was working in Finances for a few years) I have registered with Premier training provider and doing my Foundation certificate this year. I have done a good research before purchasing this course and must say, if I would not discover this forum I would still think where to go and what to do. It is not easy to change a career at 39y.o I have done bookkeeping before but it was mainly to help my friends and family members and never charged them a penny for it.
I know it is not enough and my experience very limited but I am hoping to get a Diploma one day and may be have a more secure job in the future.

P.S I was woundering if some of you might have an experience of using Microsoft Office Accounting programme and can share their experience or advise on any other ''cheaper'' and easy to use software than Sage. Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards
Alex

Comments

• Doug7
    Doug7 Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
    accounts software

look at VT transaction+ and Vt final accounts think VT may be doing Vt = free at the moment
    I use Vt to run my business as well as final accounts
    use drummhor for tax (part of Iris) and moneysoft for wages
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Doug7 wrote: »
    look at VT transaction+ and Vt final accounts think VT may be doing Vt = free at the moment
    I use Vt to run my business as well as final accounts
    use drummhor for tax (part of Iris) and moneysoft for wages

Drummhor is turning out to be very expensive so try PTP, also part of Iris but you can buy licences in blocks at around £120 a time.
  • Allie
    Allie Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Microsoft Accounting

hi

Just to say that I use Microsoft Accounting for all my clients and I would recommend it, particularly to anyone starting their own Accountancy business. It it very easy and straightforward to use, enables you to amend most posted items and it has everything you need to produce a P&L and Balance Sheet for a Small Company. There are add ons which you can purchase at a latter stage if required and Microsoft Accounting Express is free providing you have purchased a Microsoft Office package. It also allows you to set up more than one company at no extra charge.

Hope this info is of use
  • Angela
    Angela Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Angela

It is good to see you take the leap of faith and start up on your own. You will not regret the experience with all its highs and lows. I took the same leap, changing professions at similar a similar age 6 years ago. Having tried MYOB and Quick books I have now settled down with VT+. It is a wonderful package so friendly and yet so professional. Exceptional value for money with good support.

Best of Luck:thumbup:
  • alex2009
    alex2009 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Thank you to everyone

Thank you very much to everyone who did reply for my post. I was away and could not reply straight away so please do not think I just ignored your advise. I will be using Microsoft at the beggining and see how it goes.Good luck to you all..
Privacy Policy