MAAT to FMAAT

Options
LouiseH
LouiseH Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hi

This is my first post on this forum! I am about to become MAAT and I want to knw how you become FMAAT.

I know senior experience is needed by what exactly does this mean? Are there any other requirements?

Many thanks for your help!

Louise

Comments

• AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I believe it's 5 years "senior experience" as a MAAT and that's it. I've not seen any suggestion of other criteria.
  • truecockney
    truecockney Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    This is what is stated on the AAT website:

What are the requirements for fellow membership?

In order to become a fellow member, you must:

- have been a full member for five years, not counting any periods of lapsed membership;
    - be recommended for fellow membership by your current or most recent employer (or a qualified accountant if you're self employed);
    - have five years' senior experience (or the equivalent part time) gained since becoming a full member of the AAT;
    - pay a one-off admission fee of £45

Senior experience is deemed usually as that of management or sole role work (whether it be in a small company or managing the accounts of an internal project) but speak with the AAT membership helpdesk and they will be able to detail more precisely what is meant by that.
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I have just received my FMAAT status as an MIP. I did so with an offer code so it did not cost me anything to "upgrade". Just an extra £5 a year I believe.
  • pinksponk
    pinksponk Registered Posts: 57 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Whats an offer code ??
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Basically AAT sent me a letter inviting me to apply for fellow status and sent me a code to use so that I didn't have to pay. If you are considering applying it may be worth a phone call to see if they can waive the fee for you.
Privacy Policy