Salary cap after completing AAT and become MAAT

Options
mahdi87
mahdi87 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
hi guys i am on my way to finish the aat as i am waiting for my exams results in august and currently on 12k a year in london... caan anyone tell me whats min to expect after comleting AAT

Comments

• AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    http://salarysurvey.hays.com/salary-survey/18/3/3/127/

Dunno how accurate it is though, all situations are different IMO.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    AK002 wrote: ยป
    http://salarysurvey.hays.com/salary-survey/18/3/3/127/

Dunno how accurate it is though, all situations are different IMO.

Interesting, says for advanced/finals ACCA, the salary expected is significantly higher than qualified AAT.
  • AK002
    Options
    You would expect that though, would you not? ACCA is a higher qualification than AAT, hence the higher pay rise.

I can't go on and check the amounts just now as i'm at work.. whats the difference between the two?
  • Laura Cameron
    Laura Cameron Registered Posts: 46 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    It seems in Scotland after qualifying AAt the typical salary is around ยฃ16500.

As an ACCa trainee it is ยฃ16000 and Acca qualified is ยฃ18000 and advanced Acca is ยฃ22000

All based on Scotland tho.

x
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    wish i was on 16k !!!
  • Laura Cameron
    Laura Cameron Registered Posts: 46 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Me too .... :( x
  • AK002
    Options
    Me 3!
  • AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    And me and I am qualified, studing ICAEW!:crying:
  • AK002
    Options
    AdamR wrote: ยป
    And me and I am qualified, studing ICAEW!:crying:

Rubbish!

ICAS is where it's at ;)
  • AdamR
    Options
    Not if you don't live in Scotland. Maybe I should've done ICAI...!
  • PGM
    Options
    You would expect that though, would you not? ACCA is a higher qualification than AAT, hence the higher pay rise.

I can't go on and check the amounts just now as i'm at work.. whats the difference between the two?

True, but it was still a few thousand for the part qualified ACCA compared to the AAT. I think AAT is sometimes under rated.
  • AK002
    Options
    PGM wrote: ยป
    True, but it was still a few thousand for the part qualified ACCA compared to the AAT. I think AAT is sometimes under rated.

Yeah i see what you are saying.. and i agree.

But, according to some, AAT = mickey mouse qualification :001_tt2:
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I was told that one of the 'big4' are sick & tired of taking on ACCA students straight out of uni because they can't remember the concepts of double-entry, & took this as genuine encouragement.
  • AdamR
    Options
    You say they can't remember the concept - is it more that they never learnt double entry to begin with?
  • mahdi87
    mahdi87 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    guys seriously my gf just finished her foundation shes on 18k a year i am nealy finishing aat still on 12k!!!
  • AK002
    Options
    guys seriously my gf just finished her foundation shes on 18k a year i am nealy finishing aat still on 12k!!!

:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Where does she work lol?
  • angela27
    angela27 Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    I was earning 20k at intermediate as an assistant accountant in the north west but i have 12 years of office experience ive just finished technician pending results and am now doing self employed bookeeping and only earning a fraction of that as i only have one client at the moment.
  • clairej03
    clairej03 Registered Posts: 7 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    I am earning ยฃ20k as a 'financial Accounts assistant' and was taken on on that wage still studying technician level. Have this week completed my AAT.
    Know that i am on excellent wage for my qualification level, but i think it just depends how lucky you get and where you work. Im in industry for a car-hire company in lincolnshire, but i also have 6 years experience and did get management accounts experience at my previous job which i think helped loads on my CV!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    This topic's as old as the hills but always stimulating.

Guys, completing the qualification doesn't earn you high wages alone. If it's not backed up by experience you're not much better off than the often criticised graduates who get churned out year on year by the uni's, thinking the world owes them a living cos they've got a (sometimes mickey mouse) degree.

Ability and experience figure just as highly in wage calculations and don't forget wages are only relevant to the job you're actually doing, not the jobs you think you can do.

Like a couple of other 'old timers' on here, I never completed my AAT - kind of went sideways/forwards - but I'm on ยฃ25k and had better get a pay rise soon.
  • StarS
    StarS Registered Posts: 14 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    You guys must be kidding :laugh:
    I've only start learning & working in accounting for a little bit more than 2 years. i am currently in Intermediate level. Study support from my boss. My salary is at 19K. i believe it's quite low, and hope to get a pay rise this year. I don't know how much i should ask for.
    i know roughly the lady who's part-qualified ACCA earns around 37K, and she works in this company more than 10 yrs.
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    From what I've seen (probably a bit limited in Notts), AAT wages seem to be much higher in the public sector than corporate. The big accounting firms pay well for experience & ACCA. Luckily councils don't seem to mind paying for the ACCA - then wonder why everyone's off within a year of getting it.
  • PGM
    Options
    Yeah i see what you are saying.. and i agree.

But, according to some, AAT = mickey mouse qualification :001_tt2:

I was told that one of the 'big4' are sick & tired of taking on ACCA students straight out of uni because they can't remember the concepts of double-entry, & took this as genuine encouragement.

Not taking anything away from ACCA, its very good, but higher level. And AAT is very good at what it aims to do, and thats getting the basics right.

I've studied both qualifications, and I think companies should look for AAT people for certain posts. Probably best suited to the middle tier positions.
  • AK002
    Options
    PGM wrote: ยป
    AAT is very good at what it aims to do, and thats getting the basics right.

Agreed.

And hopefully i'll be going onto either ACCA or ICAS when i complete my AAT.
Privacy Policy