FAO steve

Options
Glynis
Glynis Registered Posts: 488 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Steve can you tell me when your revision course starts for DFS.

I know I have failed so want to plan for the resit.

Comments

• Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    How are you so sure you have failed? Stop being so pessimistic! The number of students I have come across over the years who have been convinced they have failed but then went on to pass is astonishing.

Just chill out over the summer and forget about studying until the results are released. You'll end up wearing yourself down!

Steve
  • Glynis
    Options
    I know what you are saying but I'm finding it difficult to relax knowing the chances of passing are slim.

When are your revision days so I can pencil them in.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I would stop being so public about failing Glynis otherwise you are going to look pretty silly when you pass!
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi Glynis,

I have not yet finalised any revision days. I will finalise the dates after the results have been released and students know what papers they are doing to be sitting in December 2009.

You really do need to stop beating yourself up about DFS because otherwise you'll be a jibbering wreck come the day of the results! Many students resign themselves to bad news after they have sat an exam - DFS is no exception. As I have mentioned many times before, the marking process is not as black and white as students often think and marks are given for your approach to a question even if the resulting answer is incorrect.

I am sure I will not be seeing you on a DFS revision day!

Regards
    Steve
  • Glynis
    Options
    Steve thanks but please let me know when you have decided on some dates.

Bluewednesday I understand but I put the effort in but just feel it was for nothing.
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    How are you so sure you have failed? Stop being so pessimistic! The number of students I have come across over the years who have been convinced they have failed but then went on to pass is astonishing.

I sat DFS in December and managed to convince myself that I'd failed, after initially being confident about how the exam had gone! I worried for weeks, was dreading getting the result, but when it finally came to results day, I found out I had passed!
Privacy Policy