Maat

AK002
AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Hello all :thumbup1:

Was just having a look at the MAAT application form :001_tongue: seems so long away till i fill it in!

What's qualifys as CPD? As I see there is a part on the form saying tick if you have relevant CPD etc?

Comments

• mikes
    mikes Registered Posts: 254 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    It can be anything that you want, to help you keep your skills and knowledge up to date, that is relevent to your work. Ie if you are doing tax, then reading about changes in newspapers or magazines etc will count, or if you have to deal with an overseas depatment, then learning a foreign language to help commnicate with them will also count, but not if you are using it jsut to go on holiday.

Then you just show how you are doing the CPD as proof.

There is no longer any limit or minimum amount that you have to do, just has to be relevent.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Ive been logging my work experience but do you do the same with CPD? or is it the same thing?
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Ive been logging my work experience but do you do the same with CPD? or is it the same thing?

You can do. I've been in full-time (relevant) education since gaining MAAT status, so mine is really easy. Also I'll be doing CIMA in the next few months, which also counts.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    You can do. I've been in full-time (relevant) education since gaining MAAT status, so mine is really easy. Also I'll be doing CIMA in the next few months, which also counts.

Am not sure if it did it right i have logged 52 weeks and it has been approved
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Am not sure if it did it right i have logged 52 weeks and it has been approved

Is that work experience? I was just talking about CPD, sorry. They are related, but different.
  • AK002
    mikes wrote: ยป
    It can be anything that you want, to help you keep your skills and knowledge up to date, that is relevent to your work. Ie if you are doing tax, then reading about changes in newspapers or magazines etc will count, or if you have to deal with an overseas depatment, then learning a foreign language to help commnicate with them will also count, but not if you are using it jsut to go on holiday.

Then you just show how you are doing the CPD as proof.

There is no longer any limit or minimum amount that you have to do, just has to be relevent.

Thanks.

second friday or so work sends two staff on a training course and then those two staff hold an in-house training session for all accounts staff about recent updates etc, would this be suitable CPD?

Another question, i will probably be filling in my work exp today, what sort of detail do they look for?
  • AK002
    Another question lol, is it 52 full working weeks? What about bank hol mondays etc?
Privacy Policy