Help and advice please!!!!!

Options
spursmad
spursmad Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
I completed my AAT course a few years back now. Since then I have and still do some voluntary financial work but with limited experience. I do not work in finance but in the manufacturing industry. I did the course because I am interested in finance and I will like to take it up full time now.
What do you think my options are? Any advice, help and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Regards
Chris

Comments

• Gianni
    Gianni Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I don't think there's any doubt about it you are going to struggle. It depends largely on where you want to start, if you are comfortable starting at the bottom you should find it possible to gain an opportunity.

The problem is you've gained a qualification largely without any finance experience - that doesn't stack up to the recruiter. However, the qualification is valued and you may find ledger positions / credit control as a path way in.

Try ringing a few recruitment agencies up and seeing what they suggest, they're often the key into the market and should be able to advise you better.
  • spursmad
    spursmad Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Help and advice

Thanks Gianni

I have already sent my CV to a few recruitment agencies. Have spoken to a couple but they dont seem to come back to me. I suppose I just have to keep at it. Thanks for your time.

Best regards

Chris
Privacy Policy