Swine Flu - What a joke!!!

Options
speegs
speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi Everyone,

I am pissed off.

My mum has just rung NHS direct as I have a temp of 39.5 and aches, pains and shivers. I should add at this point that I had major heart surgery earlier this year and also suffer with asthma. NHS direct told me to go my GP. GP told me to call NHS direct. I have decided to go to bed with some lemsip to sweat it out.

What a complete farce. They don't know their arses from their elbows.

Speegs :thumbdown::crying:

Comments

• CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Yeah, go to your GP and spread it around, that's good advice. I've always found NHS direct to be pretty useless, I'd have thought your GP would have been more help though.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    hope you get better soon speegs - not heard from you on here for ages.

tracy
  • Jon_1984
    Jon_1984 Registered Posts: 186 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    ahhh good old NHS mis-direct at their best again?
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    NHS Direct have a protocol for phone calls - heads phone your GP, tails phone 999.

I may be wrong of course, it could be the other way round.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    NHS !!! dont get me started !!!! how much do they get each year !!!few billion......and still we have to wait in a waiting room for 3 hours for them to say.....go home and rest !!!and try not to get stressed (well sitting in a f*cking wiating room for a billion yeardoes help) ....
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Never mind the NHS Mark, how about the education system? Seems it's nothing but failing schools all year round apart from August when we see ever rising pass rates. So they're either failing or they're not, and if they're not then why do we continue to throw money at fixing something that's allegedly increasingly successful?

Teachers seem to want it all ways.
  • mark130273
    Options
    true blobbyh, im thinking that schooling is actually geting easier and easier . they say the education is not as it should be and like you say the pass rate always goes up .so it either every kid is getting smarter(which i doubt) or the exams are marked in such a way that they make sure a certain pass rate is acheived ?

speaking about the my little hass just been accepted to her first school and the first one of our choice but we found out that there is going to be 35 in her class ? there is going to be 2 teachers in the class but even so how can one teacher properly teach 17 1/2 kids all evenly ??
  • blobbyh
    Options
    17 1/2 kids all evenly ??

Jesus, that's an equation all on it's own.
  • mark130273
    Options
    thought someone might pick up on that one......
  • blobbyh
    Options
    I'm so predictable like that.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    true blobbyh, im thinking that schooling is actually geting easier and easier . they say the education is not as it should be and like you say the pass rate always goes up .so it either every kid is getting smarter(which i doubt) or the exams are marked in such a way that they make sure a certain pass rate is acheived ?

speaking about the my little hass just been accepted to her first school and the first one of our choice but we found out that there is going to be 35 in her class ? there is going to be 2 teachers in the class but even so how can one teacher properly teach 17 1/2 kids all evenly ??

Mark coming from 2 stages of education (firstly in the 80's first year of GCSE's) where they diddnt care what you came out with or it was just the poor standard school i went to, (sencondly in 2002) i can tell you the exams where as hard if not harder. Not sure these days but i do think teaching standards have had to improve a great deal than when we were kids.
  • mark130273
    Options
    well a-vic i must agree that the GSCE standards which i got were a complete joke.....as you can put down on your cv that you have 8,12 or 55 GCSE's because as long as you took the course then you got the GCSE, whether you actually put on your cv the grade is all upto you,(i dont). but dont know how the grading system might work now but im still thinking that surely the board of examiners must look at each paper and make sure that they are ok with it?like they do in AAT paper setting !!!!!!!!??????!!!?!!?!?!?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    o i do as well as A-Level Kitemarked, but like they say education is wasted on the youth
  • mark130273
    Options
    too blooming true there a-vic......i so wasted my youth not even worried about learning ........gosh i wish i paid more attention in class ??
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Achy achy - although temp is now coming down. I am staying in bed. I was supposed to be going on a singing course tomorrow but now I can't go. I have been quarantined by my GP who finally agreed to a house visit last night. I made sure to cough all over him. :laugh:
  • mark130273
    Options
    singing course..............now that sounds like a good story ???
  • Ponder
    Ponder Registered Posts: 97 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Get better soon!!
    Take care.
  • mark130273
    Options
    well everyone ....im on here to tell everyone that ................

the NHS are not too bad.....i was diagnosed with swine flu on wednesday morning and had the tables with me 1 hour later !!! feeling a lot better my temp got upto 39.8c bllooooding sweating......in isolation for 5 days ......
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options

the NHS are not too bad.....i was diagnosed with swine flu on wednesday morning and had the tables with me 1 hour later !!! feeling a lot better my temp got upto 39.8c bllooooding sweating......in isolation for 5 days ......

Sorry to hear that Mark, suppose you'll be on here then for the next five days.

Get well soon :001_smile:
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options

Hope you get better soon
  • blobbyh
    Options
    You must be seriously ill Mark - your spelling improved a hell of a lot with that last post.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    i was diagnosed with swine flu on wednesday morning and had the tables with me 1 hour later !!!
    You must have had a job swallowing them though :ohmy:
  • blobbyh
    Options
    He he he, nice one Chris.
  • mark130273
    Options
    well i would of been on here a lot more but not well enough !!!!

feltreally bad for three days .....

not feeling that bad today but still got 2 more days to stay in !!!
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    My girlfriends finally got the so called "swine flu". Just got her the tablets, so hopefully better soon. Just as I'm starting my 3 week shutdown from work...typical !
  • mark130273
    Options
    hey steve ,ive had it "or so called swine flu" and if shes has got it be careful over the next two days because i felt like the world was caving in on my head and i had the sun attached to me i was that hot ...
  • lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    bloody swine flu, sounds awful! I hope everyone thats got it makes a fast recovery :thumbup1:
  • mark130273
    Options
    well i am slightly better but the worst thing is no ive got a really bad cough ad its annoying me ?
Privacy Policy