Home For accounting professionals General accounting discussion
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Sole traders in construction

rob_08rob_08 Just JoinedRegistered Posts: 1

I know someone who is becoming self employed and will be working in the construction industry. I've said he needs to complete form CWF1 to register him as self employed and for Class 2, along with form CA5610 so he can pay his NIC by DD and the form for registering under the CIS scheme. I'm pretty sure that's everything he needs to do (he won't be turning over for VAT registration, nor will he be employing anyone). There aren't any additional bits of paperwork he would need to do for the Construction Industry Scheme are there?



  • T.C.T.C. Experienced Mentor Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448
    Yes, he needs to register under the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) if he is going to work for contractors in the construction industry. Have a look at HMRC's website - there is loads of information about registering.
Sign In or Register to comment.