Advice please!!

ema192
ema192 Registered Posts: 107 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hello,

I am sussposed to be enrolling next week for the Technichian Level, Aswell as waiting for my Intermiediate Results to come back on Monday :-(!

I am extremly fed up in my job at the moment and have been for a while and have decided to look elsewhere for work. The problem i am having is that i cant find any jobs willing to give me a day release for the Technichian stage, on the money i need ( single mum with mortgage ,u got it SKINT) . I am now thinking do i stick with my job as i am for another year to finish the course, or my other option would be to maybe do home study ?? I am a single mum so evening class is not an option for me either.

I just feel so fed up in my job at the moment, I dont know if i can stick another year of it! Plus if i do they will be paying for the course and if i decide half way through i am unhappy i will have cost them more and feel a bit tight on them.
Any advice has anyone done the Techninchian stage as home study?

Thanks a very confused

Emma

Comments

• cs_1988
    cs_1988 Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Emma,

I did technician at home study, it is not complicated, but is a lot harder than intermediate. You should be able to do it in a year confortably, i used premier training and would reccomend them. If your really not happy where you are, plus studying = big mess!

Chris
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    ema192 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am sussposed to be enrolling next week for the Technichian Level, Aswell as waiting for my Intermiediate Results to come back on Monday :-(!

I am extremly fed up in my job at the moment and have been for a while and have decided to look elsewhere for work. The problem i am having is that i cant find any jobs willing to give me a day release for the Technichian stage, on the money i need ( single mum with mortgage ,u got it SKINT) . I am now thinking do i stick with my job as i am for another year to finish the course, or my other option would be to maybe do home study ?? I am a single mum so evening class is not an option for me either.

I just feel so fed up in my job at the moment, I dont know if i can stick another year of it! Plus if i do they will be paying for the course and if i decide half way through i am unhappy i will have cost them more and feel a bit tight on them.
    Any advice has anyone done the Techninchian stage as home study?

Thanks a very confused

Emma

im in a similar position. When is started my job, 6months into intermediate i hated my job and searched everywhere for a new one with day releas study support but there was nothing. I searched again when i started tecnician in march this year and still nothing :thumbdown: I have decided to stick at my job until i pass AAT, then look for a job. There is a lot more companies offering study support for ACCA/CIMA than there is for AAT
  • troy
    troy Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi,

I have to support the person saying to stick at your job, I know this is easy to say when sat on the outside. I was a single mum for ten years and can totally sympathise with your position.
    You may hate your job but it is always easier to get a job when you are already in one and solely being AAT qualified with no experiance is not really enough, as there are lots of people in that position.

Ultimately, this is your decision, and you have to think of what is best for you and your childen, and if work makes you unhappy, then it is not worth it.
  • ema192
    ema192 Registered Posts: 107 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hello, Thanks for your advice, I passed my FRA exam so that levels finished now.
    Think im going to just struggle on for the next year where i am then hopefully i will have more chance of getting the job i want the year after once qualified.

Thanks again :-)

Emma xx
  • Kecak
    Kecak Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    ema192 wrote: »
    Hello, Thanks for your advice, I passed my FRA exam so that levels finished now.
    Think im going to just struggle on for the next year where i am then hopefully i will have more chance of getting the job i want the year after once qualified.

Thanks again :-)

Emma xx

Congrats! :001_smile:

Hope it all works out for the best....sounds very similar to what I might be doing soon. 1 full year with light at the end of the tunnel? It'll be tough but worth it!
Privacy Policy