Awful nights sleep last night, still feel sick now.

Options
sharonj
sharonj Registered Posts: 166 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Anyone else not able to sleep last night. I had such a terrible night, dreaming that I had had my results and I'd failed, then dreaming that I'd had them and passed, then woke up realising it was a dream and that I hadn't heard either way. Just let this day be over asap.

Good luck to everyone out there waiting for results today. I'm only waiting for IAC so still got loads more exams to take over the next year and however long. Not sure if my heart will hold up to the stress!

Comments

• ChristopherGreen
    ChristopherGreen Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Good Luck with your IAC, I also had a nervous night last night, fingers crossed. :thumbup1:
  • lmr72
    lmr72 Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I haven't slept all week!!! I have never felt so sick in all my life.
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I know how stressful waiting for the results is, but we generally do better than we expect, not long now.

Are you studying the AAT off your own back or though your employer
  • Symbol
    Symbol Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I know what you mean!!! I woke up at 3am and checked online just in case the results came out early.... (doh... )

Im waiting for PCR, PEV, DFS and business tax......

Good news in Unit 10 is done, completed and signed off! yeheeeee ..............:001_wub:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Sleep SLEEP i havnt since june
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Anyone else not able to sleep last night. I had such a terrible night, dreaming that I had had my results and I'd failed, then dreaming that I'd had them and passed, then woke up realising it was a dream and that I hadn't heard either way.

I dream about failing exams... Usually it's not so much that I receive my results and have failed, but become convinced I've not turned up for the exam, forgotten to do coursework, or even just have a paralysing mindblank in the exam hall itself.

Periodically, I have an exam-failing dream months away from the exam itself or when the results are published. I fully expect to continue to have them years after doing my last ever exam. (see this XKCD comic) I'll probably be doing the top CIMA in May 2012, but even that may not be the last one.

EDIT: ps- I actually don't have exam results coming out this August at all.
  • cs_1988
    cs_1988 Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Bookworm i have the same dream. I dreamt i didnt go to PCR, so i could do the ACCA anyway, woke up, and actually took me a while to realise its a dream!!
  • sharonj
    Options
    I know how stressful waiting for the results is, but we generally do better than we expect, not long now.

Are you studying the AAT off your own back or though your employer

I'm studying the AAT off my own back. I did try and get my employer to pay for the course as I work for an international bank but as I work in the payments department they said there was no business need as my role is not accounts based whatsoever.

I do hope I do better than I expect. As each hour goes by I am convinced that I've got more and more questions wrong. I am usually quite confident but I have serious self doubt issues today.
  • katsutlieff
    Options
    Think we all have the doubt issues!!

I haven't been able to study since the FRA exam due to (laziness) doubts as to how I did in the exam.

I got my results around seven o'clock last time, so fingers crossed not long to wait.

What unit are you studying next?
  • sharonj
    Options
    Think we all have the doubt issues!!

I haven't been able to study since the FRA exam due to (laziness) doubts as to how I did in the exam.

I got my results around seven o'clock last time, so fingers crossed not long to wait.

What unit are you studying next?

I'm awaiting my results of my IAC exam but I've already started Advanced Certificate on the diploma pathway. I'm currently studying unit 5 for the FRA and am using the Osborne books, just covered depreciation, accruals and prepayments etc and am just reading through the regulatory framework of accounting. I'm hoping to take the FRA and ECR in December. Fingers crossed.
  • katsutlieff
    Options
    Sounds like you have nearly completed Unit 5!!! Now I feel extremely lazy (hunting for CMCC book), must get on with some work
  • sharonj
    Options
    No, I'm only just under halfway through the unit 5 book, got the final accounts of partnerships to do yet, I've only done sole traders. I just hope I managed to do it all before December. I did have a few weeks break after my exam in June but then thought that I should really start studying again otherwise I might never go back to it with the same amount of enthusiasm, if that's what you can call it.
  • jpooley1988
    jpooley1988 Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I honestly don't know how you can do home studying!
    I hold my hands up to you, because I wouldn't be able to do it!
    I find it hard motivating myself to go to the classes, let alone having to read through big text books and doing it myself!
    do you go to the revision classes or do you do everything via text book?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Thats it am off to do some serious card damage cant sit around here much longer all else fails shop i say.
  • sharonj
    Options
    I honestly don't know how you can do home studying!
    I hold my hands up to you, because I wouldn't be able to do it!
    I find it hard motivating myself to go to the classes, let alone having to read through big text books and doing it myself!
    do you go to the revision classes or do you do everything via text book?
    I didn't go to any revision classes for the IAC exam at all. I've got into a bit of a routine as I work full time and have got two children aged 9 and 11. I usually read my text book on the train into work and home from work on a Monday morning. When the kids have gone to bed on Monday and Tuesday nights I work through the questions in the tutorial and then the workbook, check my answers and if I've done ok I usually don't look at my books till the following Monday morning. If I don't have time during the weekday evenings to study then I sometimes do it on the weekend but I try and keep that free to spend time with my husband and kids.

It is really hectic but I've got used to it in the past year. I also learn French in my lunchtimes on Tuesdays and Thursdays as I work for a French bank and on Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday lunches I go to the gym to try and stay remotely fit.

I quite like studying from home until I get stuck but I'm studying with Premier Training and they've always been really good if I don't understand anything as I have got a tutor, just not one I can chat face to face with. I also have a look at the forums on here a lot for advice and just a bit of reassurance that there's others going through the same probs.
  • jpooley1988
    Options
    Blimey! You sound like you have a hetic lifestyle full stop!!!!!
    I'd quite like to go to the gym in my lunch hour, but i get sweaty really quickly so wouldn't be nice for my colleagues in the afternoon!
    I don't think I would be able to motivate myself to actually take anything in if i was reading a text book on the way to work! Im about to give it a go though, as I passed my exams for fraand ecr about 2 years ago, but i never got around to taking the skills tests for either of them, so basically, I have to learn everything over again, so I can take the skills test!!!!
    :(
    x
  • sharonj
    Options
    Blimey! You sound like you have a hetic lifestyle full stop!!!!!
    I'd quite like to go to the gym in my lunch hour, but i get sweaty really quickly so wouldn't be nice for my colleagues in the afternoon!
    I don't think I would be able to motivate myself to actually take anything in if i was reading a text book on the way to work! Im about to give it a go though, as I passed my exams for fraand ecr about 2 years ago, but i never got around to taking the skills tests for either of them, so basically, I have to learn everything over again, so I can take the skills test!!!!
    :(
    x
    Do you have to take the FRA and ECR again if you don't do your skills test within a certain amount of time then or is it that you just need to brush up on your knowledge again? I wasn't sure about that. I'm hoping to do the skills tests after Christmas too. Hopefully I'll be taking the FRA and ECR in December, I'm dreading that, also dreading the wait for results after the exams, this has been a nightmare for me waiting for the IAC. I just hope my results come fairly early tonight so that I can get a decent nights sleep. I have no idea how I've managed to get through work today, I have been almost asleep for most of the day.
  • jpooley1988
    Options
    No No Ive passed the exams, don't need to re take them! But I need to do the skills test, but to tell you the truth, I can't even tell you what FRA and ECR stand for! I have forgotton everything to do with them! I'm annoyed at myself though, because Ive hopefully (will find out in a couple of hours hopefully!) passed all of my exams and now i have to go back and do these bloody skills tests before I can Qualify!

I know! I think we are all just thinking this!
    I think they should send out the results in the morning! It would be so much better on us!
  • cs_1988
    cs_1988 Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    No No Ive passed the exams, don't need to re take them! But I need to do the skills test, but to tell you the truth, I can't even tell you what FRA and ECR stand for! I have forgotton everything to do with them! I'm annoyed at myself though, because Ive hopefully (will find out in a couple of hours hopefully!) passed all of my exams and now i have to go back and do these bloody skills tests before I can Qualify!

I know! I think we are all just thinking this!
    I think they should send out the results in the morning! It would be so much better on us!

I Did exactly the same, had to look over the books again, refreshes your memory pretty quickly though. You will also have the PPR skills test if you havent done that!!!
  • flower
    flower Registered Posts: 160 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I never sleep well at the best of times so will get none tonight. Hope something good on tv.
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    usually i sleep bad just before exam results, but ive been out all fiday, saturday and sunday so as soon as my head hit the pillow last night i was gone :D
  • sharonj
    Options
    I passed my IAC, finally got the email, I soooooo need to sleep now. I think this nights sleep will be a big improvement on last nights.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    i was feeling a bit ill all day waiting around.....but so glad i did now..
Privacy Policy