Student Funding

Options
katielou
katielou Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi All,

I am currently studying AAT Technician and was due to complete it this month was just waiting on exam results. However I unfortunalty failed 2 exams and will have to source the money to re-sit the courses myself as my employer will only pay for the first attempt at each course (which is fair).

I do not get a great wage and i think i would struggle to fund the course myself.

Does anyone use outside training companies for funding or know of any that offer help with the fees? One of my collegues has mention that 'train to gain' offer funding but i am unsure about how it works?

Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• bambilicious
    bambilicious Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hiya,

As far as i am aware - there are some colleges that offer funding (have access to funding) for people who dont already have a level 3 qualification. This is the only year I am having to ay for with my college as the last 2 years were funded by my college. Its called a waiver. Just check it out. xxx
  • katielou
    Options
    Thanks
  • Jon_1984
    Jon_1984 Registered Posts: 186 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    The other question is do you need to re-sit the whole course? most centres can take external canidates for exams so you could revise at home and then just sit the exam at the college if you feel your knowledge is strong enough.

My college also let students self funding pay over three months.
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Jon_1984 wrote: »
    The other question is do you need to re-sit the whole course? most centres can take external canidates for exams so you could revise at home and then just sit the exam at the college if you feel your knowledge is strong enough.

Exactly what i was going to say lol :(
  • katielou
    Options
    Jon_1984 wrote: »

Well I have been thinkin about it and think what you have said would be the best thing in terms of money, i have got all the study material for them so i think i will just have to get on with it myself and hope for the best.

Thanks Guys:001_smile:
  • AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    katielou wrote: »
    Well I have been thinkin about it and think what you have said would be the best thing in terms of money, i have got all the study material for them so i think i will just have to get on with it myself and hope for the best.

Thanks Guys:001_smile:

It may though, be worth investing in the revision course at one of your local colleges.. so you have a tutor to ask face to face if you have any queries..
Privacy Policy