F.A.O. Glynis

Options
2»

Comments

• umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    AK002 wrote: »
    I really don't see why this 'personal' attack on Glynis is still going on?

Totally agreed
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I think I’m actually more concerned by Sue’s voluntary moderation of the posts by Glynis, that the posts themselves – maybe it’s a case two wrongs don’t make a right!

Whilst I have seen some posts from Glynis that might make me role my eyes, I wonder why Sue feels she is the person to take the task to hand on Steve’s behalf. If “policing” of the forums in this manner is going to continue then I’m going to stop posting all together.

I’m with AK002 and Umerali2003 on this, and don’t know why this thread has continued. I’m also at a loss to why it was even started in the first place, particularly as the OP is a third party.
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    Glynis: If steve wants me to donate to charity then I will do.
    umerali2003:waiting for steve and sandys comments

Glynis
    This should be your own decision. If you don't want to make a donation, say so. Please don't donate just because Steve wants you to.

No one makes anyone put forward answers, no one makes anyone ignore questions.
    I certainly choose to put my replies, but if they are any help I do welcome charitable contributions.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Sue
    Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I admit it wasn’t my place to start this topic, but it is an open forum and we are all entitled to our own opinion.

I would like to point out though that the only reason the thread continued into today was because people started it up again to say they didn’t know why it was continuing – without them it would have stopped yesterday.
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Sue wrote: »
    I admit it wasn’t my place to start this topic, but it is an open forum and we are all entitled to our own opinion.

I would like to point out though that the only reason the thread continued into today was because people started it up again to say they didn’t know why it was continuing – without them it would have stopped yesterday.

It seems as if you still not got the point . As sandy have just mentioned its a personal decision to make a contribution so your opinion in this regard is totally irelevant .
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    It seems as if you still not got the point . As sandy have just mentioned its a personal decision to make a contribution so your opinion in this regard is totally irelevant .

agreed :thumbup:
  • AATmunkee
    AATmunkee Registered Posts: 123 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    oh for goodness sake!! who cares...
    If you want to give to charity then you give to charity.. if you dont want to then you don't have to.
    Sue i think you are entitled to voice your opinion as we all are, but if Glynis asked for help and steve replied without adding an hourly "charitable" rate onto that at the time then its actually none of anyones business!! we're just the nosy ones that like to interfere with everyone elses posts because we have nothing better to do than complain about someone being "KIND"!!!!!
    failed section 2 of PEV.. i have a right to be annoyed!!! :001_tt2:
  • AATmunkee
    AATmunkee Registered Posts: 123 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    oh and Glynis.... WELL DONE FOR PASSING :thumbup:
  • princess
    princess Registered Posts: 80 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    AATmunkee wrote: »
    failed section 2 of PEV.. i have a right to be annoyed!!! :001_tt2:

Me too.....Gutted!!!
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    SandyHood wrote: »
    Glynis
    This should be your own decision. If you don't want to make a donation, say so. Please don't donate just because Steve wants you to.

No one makes anyone put forward answers, no one makes anyone ignore questions.
    I certainly choose to put my replies, but if they are any help I do welcome charitable contributions.

I absolutely agree entirely with this. I can see Sue's point, though I would hate for someone to make a donation because they have been put under pressure to do so.

Whilst, admittedly, I have dealt with several requests from Glynis, I am of the opinion that some of my replies may indeed help other students. This week has come as a bit of surprise to me in the form of DFS as most of you know I view this paper extremely predictable (as was also reported in PQ Magazine). However, given the sheer number of concerns relating to section 2 and the number of students who failed because of this section, I can understand why Glynis was so anxious about this paper.

Often the forums are a student's only interaction with other students for whatever reasons. In addition, the forums also give support to students whose tuition providers are not delivering courses as efficiently as they should. I acknowledge these situations and hate to see students struggling with subjects such as DFS or auditing because in a lot of cases the student does not have the practical experience in order to relate this experience to study. Accounting standards and auditing also have some highly technical information which often causes a lot of anxiety with the students.

As Sandy does with his suggested answers, when I publish my suggested answers to DFS I do ask that a donation be made to Cancer Research as these answers are prepared in our own time. I sometimes ask the same when I publish articles in the accounting media. I don't see why the same should not apply to answers on a forum, though I do believe the choice whether or not to donate should be left as a personal choice.

Best wishes

Steve
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hi sorry i know this thread should have died a natural death yesturday but i would like to add this final comment Sandy and Steve please dont stop helping us students(and i think everyone will agree) we really do appericate it a great deal you guys are what keep us going, and learning.

Vic :001_smile:
Privacy Policy