onto technician

Options
valentino46
valentino46 Registered Posts: 124 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
hi guys,

i am still revelling in the glory of passing FRA and am extremely looking forward to ECR in december.
I will be going forward and ordering Technician Level through premier training in January but am slightly unsure as to what units i have to do and what units would be better to choose?
I have not been able to find any real in depth info on what each of the units covered so if anyone could fill me in on anything that would be great

cheers

rob

Comments

• AK002
    AK002 Registered Posts: 2,492 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Are you doing diploma pathway or NVQ?
  • valentino46
    valentino46 Registered Posts: 124 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    i will be doing NVQ
  • AK002
    Options
    PEV - Contributing to Management of Performance and the Enchancement of Value - Exam

PCR - Contributing to the planning and Control of Resources - Exam

MSP - Managing Systems and people in the Accounting Enviroment - Project

DFS - Drafting Financial Statements, Accounting Practice and Industry and Commerce - Exam

Then pick 2 of the 4 below

OCMC - Operating a Cash Management and Credit Control System - ST

IAP2 - Implementing Auditing Procedures - ST

BTC - Preparing Business Taxation Computations - Exam

PTC - Preparing Personal taxatino Computations - Exam
  • AK002
    Options
    Out of the optionals i've picked IAP2 and BTC.
  • troy
    troy Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Out of the options i chose CM/CC, BTC and PTC. I found BTC to be the most difficult out of the options.

If you are wanting to go on to study CIPFA later you will want to take the two taxes, as you will get full exemptions, i am not aware of any other further studies which require you to take certain options to get all the possible exemptions.
  • AK002
    Options
    troy wrote: Β»
    Out of the options i chose CM/CC, BTC and PTC. I found BTC to be the most difficult out of the options.

:(:(:(
  • Portsmouth_AAT
    Portsmouth_AAT Registered Posts: 96 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    ACA also requires you to have both tax's.

Theres a list on there website of what you need to have covered in AAT to be exempt from the first 3 years of ACA to do the AAT fast track route.

Good Luck
  • ajames
    ajames Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    hi guys,

i am still revelling in the glory of passing FRA and am extremely looking forward to ECR in december.
    I will be going forward and ordering Technician Level through premier training in January but am slightly unsure as to what units i have to do and what units would be better to choose?
    I have not been able to find any real in depth info on what each of the units covered so if anyone could fill me in on anything that would be great

cheers

rob

I did, PTC, BTC and IAP.

Benefits of doing IAP was that when I did BTC in the summer, I still would have become an MAAT member, aslong as I passed the costing papers.

I would recommend doing PTC & BTC if you are working in practice.

However, if you are in industry, specially sale ledger, CC/CM will be useful and I would think CC/CM and IAP would be more applicable.
  • messedup89
    messedup89 Registered Posts: 1,281 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    i choose ocmc and iap as i thought i'd be more likely to pass them than the tax exams!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    if i was to go onto CIMA, what would be the best options for me.

as i work out in germany and plan to move further afield, i want the most recognised qualification and i think (i may be wrong) CIMA would be the best.

any advise would be really appreciated.

Tracy
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I would suggest not doing Audit as CIMA isn't an audit supervisory body anyway so it wouldn't be as useful. I did both tax units at AAT and found them interesting, but I've actually done more credit control at work. I don't think you get any actual exemptions from Managerial level CIMA exams on the basis of the AAT: just the five certificate papers.
Privacy Policy